China Builds Electric Vehicle Charging Network
- China starts new multibillion-dollar power line. // Energy Today (Hungary);7/ 8/2014, p1
The article reports on ultra-high voltage (UHV) technology pioneer State Grid Corporation of China's operation of a 3.2-billion-dollar UHV power line that extends across several Chinese provinces including Sichuan, Guizhou and Hunan.
- Nexans awarded â‚¬11m cable contract. // Engineer (Online Edition);4/22/2013, p3
The article reports on a contract awarded to Nexans by the State Grid Corporation of China (SGCC) to supply a high-voltage power cable system in Beijing, China.
- The Value of Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicles as Grid Resources. Sioshansi, Ramteen; Denholm, Paul // Energy Journal;2010, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p1
Plug-in hybrid electric vehicles ( PHEVs ) can become valuable resources for an electric power system by providing vehicle to grid (V2G) services, such as energy storage and ancillary services. We use a unit commitment model of the Texas power system to simulate system operations with...
- New developments: Eaton shows off updated and future heavy-duty truck products. // Refrigerated Transporter;Aug2006, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p30
The article focuses on the development of a hybrid electric power system for the heavy-duty commercial vehicle market by Eaton Corp. in the U.S. The product is designed to provide on-road efficiency and idle reduction for significant fuel savings and emissions reductions. The company expects to...
- A transition to plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs): why public health professionals must care. Sovacool, Benjamin K. // Journal of Epidemiology & Community Health;Mar2010, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p1
The author reflects on why public health professionals should care about a transition to plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs). He states that PHEVs can provide significant public health benefits because of their ability to connect the electric power network and the transportation sector. He...
- Russia Rethinks DISTRIBUTION. Hunger, Yuri; Zevin, Anatoly; Shwarz, Garry; Golubev, Sergey // Transmission & Distribution World;Sep2006, Vol. 58 Issue 9, p54
The article focuses on the developments made to the design features of Medium-Voltage (MV) distribution networks in Russia. It comes with an advanced instrumentation that allows operational engineers to substantially improve the dependability and reliability of MV substations. Its previous...
- It's the Network. Wolf, Gene // Transmission & Distribution World;Oct2008, Vol. 60 Issue 10, pD10
The article discusses the use of intelligent networks to operate assets efficiently in substations. It states that these intelligent networks are integrating systems designed to collect and communicate asset information in the substations and across the enterprise. According to the article,...
- MEASUREMENTS AT LARGE GROUNDING SYSTEMS. PIKISCH, MORITZ // NETA World;Summer2015, p70
The article discusses the importance of grounding system testing to safety in large extra-high voltage substations.
- 915 MHz Wireless Sensor Network Reliability Evaluation when Working in an Industrial Electrical Power Substation. Ferroni, Eduardo H.; Vieira, Hugo Rodrigues; Branquinho, Omar Carvalho; Silva, Valceres V. R. // Revista da UIIPS;2015, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p236
The electrical energy spent in manufacturing process is responsible for a large amount of the operational costs. Thus, the consumed energy control and monitoring is important to improve the energy quality use and minimize losses. This task is more convenient for wireless sensors networks, that...