Tech Plan for Obama and McCain
- R&D and Globalization. Hindin, Toby Jane // Applied Clinical Trials;Aug2006, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p12
The article reports on the global growth of research and development within all sectors of the economy of the United States, according to a study based on the results of a survey that measured existing levels and drivers of innovation research and development dispersion. The study noted the...
- 'Fax effect' increases potential for growth. Sung Won Sohn // Inside Tucson Business;08/14/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 21, p10
Reports the role of information technology in the United States economy. Details on the fax effect of Internet; Influence of inventory fluctuations in economic crisis; Changes in budget management and the control of monetary growth.
- SILENT BUZZ, SECRET BUZZ. Gallant, John // Network World;9/24/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 39, p74
Urges information technology people in the United States to continue their efforts in battling the economic slowdown in 2001. Worsening of economic scenario due to terrorist attacks in September 2001; Temptation to hibernate and block out mounting problems; Enlivening of hope for an economic...
- Preparing to Offer Predictions. Rountree, David // Bank Technology News;Feb2002, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p31
Presents an annual assessment of the prospects for financial information technology spending in the U.S. Views of experts on the economic environment of the country; Increase in the demand for financial information technology solutions; Optimism for a recovery in the economy of U.S.
- IT'S A GOOD TIME TO SHOP FOR BARGAINS. Lundquist, Eric // eWeek;3/18/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p5
Comments on issues concerning the information technology industry in the U.S. Impact of the economic recovery to the industry; Features of the Integrity 1.0 by Zone Lab; Technological analysis on identity management.
- Left-wingers are right: The middle class is shrinking! Williams, Walter // Human Events;4/12/96, Vol. 52 Issue 14, p11
Focuses on the contents of the American Experiment's `The Truth About Income Inequality' report which is about the economic status of families in the United States. Number of jobs created in the 1980s.
- Science and economy: Don't judge research on economics alone. DeCoursey, Thomas E. // Nature;5/2/2013, Vol. 497 Issue 7447, p40
A letter to the editor is presented related to the contribution of scientific researches and development to the U.S. economic conditions.
- Science and the Entrepreneurial University. Atkinson, Richard C.; Pelfrey, Patricia A. // Issues in Science & Technology;Summer2010, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p39
The article offers the author's insights on the role of research universities in the economy of the U.S. The author mentions that four broad developments influenced the role played by the research universities including the federal policy for the role of science during the post-World War II...
- SETTING THE STAGE FOR NEXT-GENERATION RESEARCH. Gwynne, Peter // Research Technology Management;May/Jun2008, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p13
The article discusses the work of the California Institute for Telecommunications and Information Technology (Calit2), which focuses on developing a next-generation research environment for academic institutions. Starting up with a capital grant of $100 million from the state, and ramping up to...