Global Economy Takes Bite Out of Apple
- Apple Cored. Martin, Scott // Red Herring;9/29/2008, p1
The article reports on the decline in the stocks of Cupertino, California-based Apple amid analyst concerns that economic downturn and computer growth will leave the pricier wares of the Mac maker out in the cold. According to Morgan Stanley analyst Kathryn Huberty, computer unit growth is...
- Synaptics Down On 10Q Filing, Competition Concerns. MICHAEL PERRAULT // Investors Business Daily;11/7/2014, p00
- A World Without Macworld. Martin, Scott // Red Herring;12/16/2008, p1
The article reports on the announcement by Apple that it will pullout from Macworld San Francisco which is being held in San Francisco, California. The news fueled speculation over the health of Steve Jobs, chairman and chief executive officer of Apple, who was diagnosed with a rare form of...
- Apple Tablet: Kindle-Killer? // Red Herring;12/9/2009, p2
The article speculates on the market launch of Apple's tablet computer. BMO Capital Markets analyst Keith Bachman predicts that Apple will launch its tablet computer in February or March 2010. He also estimates that Apple will be able to sell one to 1.5 million units of the computer. He adds...
- Metalforming Industry Expects Improvement. // Quality;Feb2005, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p12
The article reports that the Precision Metalforming Association's December 2004 report shows that 50% of metalforming companies sampled believe the general economic activity will remain the same over the first quarter of 2005. Of the 164-metalforming companies surveyed, 33% expect business...
- Capital raising problems in chemical enterprises: a case of Latvia. ZELGALVE, Elvīra; BĒRZKALNE, Irina // Applied Economics: Systematic Research;2011, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p115
No abstract available.
- MONEY WATCH. Lim, Paul J. // U.S. News & World Report;12/5/2005, Vol. 139 Issue 21, p66
The article presents news briefs related to economic activity in the United States. It is forecasted by the National Retail Federation that holiday spending will increase six percent overall in 2005 compared to the year before. Capital spending on new plants and equipment by Standard & Poor 500...
- A neglected controversy in the modelling of consumers' expenditures. Cook, Steven // Cambridge Journal of Economics;Mar2000, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p177
Focuses on the cyclical nature of consumption. Divergence of the `stylized history' of the consumption function from the true sequence of events in its early history; Lists of overlooked elements; Inutility of using recursive estimation over varying marginal propensity to consume.
- BUSINESS CYCLES AND SHAREHOLDER VALUE IN THE LBO ERA. Fuqua, J.B. // Management Review;Mar88, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p26
Examines the phenomena of business cycles and shareholder value in the U.S. from 1982 to 1987 during which many business enterprises underwent restructuring. Positive growth in the overall economy; Decline of interest rates; High return on investments; Focus on internal growth and development.