Wall Street Life Raft Springs Leak
- Dow Skids 500 as Bailout Fails. Schachter, Ken // Red Herring;9/29/2008, p5
The article reports on the decline in the U.S. stocks as the Wall Street rescue plan fails. The Dow Jones Industrial Average suffered from a 500-point downturn and the Nasdaq plunged 149, or 6.8 percent. Apple declined $20.55, or 16 percent, to $107.69, while Google crossed the $400 level,...
- Tech Rally Fizzles as U.S. Stocks Gyrate. Schachter, Ken // Red Herring;10/10/2008, p5
The article reports on the performance of technology stocks in the U.S. It states that Morgan Stanley High-Technology Index lost 2.4 percent to 360. Google dropped 1.4 percent to $323.25, Microsoft dropped 4.4 percent to $21.32 and Intel skidded 4.3 percent to $14.93. The Dow Jones Industrial...
- Nasdaq Edges Up; Why Apple Is Emerging As A Big Cap Leader Again. SAITO-CHUNG, DAVID // Investors Business Daily;1/27/2017, p1
The article offers information on Nasdaq Stock Market report in the U.S. in January 2017. Topics discussed include gains in technology company Apple in the fourth week, drop in the stocks of financial services company Goldman Sachs, drop in S&P 500 index and status of the Dow Jones industrial...
- Apple, Intel Boost Nasdaq. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;11/21/2014, pA01
1 Stocks rose on mixed volume with
- Stocks Reverse Higher Again. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;9/14/2015, pA01
1 Top indexes started lower but ended higher for a second straight session. The Nasdaq climbed 0.5%; the S&P 500 rose 0.4%. The Dow Jones industrial average outperformed with an 0.6% gain. Volume dropped off across the board. The 10-year Treasury yield fell 3 basis points to 2.19%.
- Stocks Lower In Early Trade; Jazz Cuts Losses. VINCENT MAO // Investors Business Daily;11/10/2015, p00
The article reports on the 0.6% decline in stock prices at the Nasdaq Stock Market and the 0.2% decline at Standard & Poor's (S&P) 500 and Dow Jones industrial average.
- Stocks Rise For A Second Day. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;11/4/2015, pA01
1 Stocks closed off their session highs, but still scored a second straight gain. The Nasdaq ended up 0.4% after being up as much as 0.7%. The S&P 500 rose 0.3%, while the Dow Jones industrials outperformed with a 0.5% gain. Volume rose across the board. The 10-year Treasury yield increased to...
- Stock Prices Reach Highs On Triple-Witching Volume. KEN HOOVER // Investors Business Daily;12/20/2013, p00
Stocks were on a tear in early afternoon trading Friday with volume goosed by options expiration.
- Stocks Stay Mixed In Choppy Trade; Perrigo Jumps. VINCENT MAO // Investors Business Daily;11/ 1/2013, p00
Stocks slightly improved in late trading Friday, but were again mixed. Equities were also on pace to end narrowly mixed for the week.