Oracle of Omaha Likes Alternative Vehicles
- Not Feeling the Love, Companies Go Private. Kahn, Jeremy // Fortune;3/6/2000, Vol. 141 Issue 5, p78
Reports on the increasing number of companies that are being sold to private investors. Decision of executive David Sokol to sell MidAmerican Energy to three investors to boost shareholder returns; Characteristics of companies that usually decide to go private; Fear of Sokol that MidAmerican's...
- Warren Buffett Enters the Coal Business. // Coal Age;Jun2005, Vol. 110 Issue 6, p6
Reports on the decision of MidAmerican Energy Holdings Co. to enter into an agreement with Scottish Power to acquire PacifiCorp and create an energy holding company. Significance of the acquisition according to MidAmerican chairman and CEO David L. Sokol; Operation of PacifiCorp under the...
- MidAmerican and Berkshire Hathaway Announce Investment in BYD Company Ltd. // Electrical Wholesaling;Oct2008, Vol. 89 Issue 10, p44
The article reports on the initiative of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. and its subsidiary electric utility MidAmerican Energy Holdings Co. to invest a piece of the green market with their purchase of 10% of BYD Co. Ltd. According to Wang Chuanfu, chairman of BYD Co., they are pleased and grateful that...
- 2006 Utility of the Year.: MidAmerican Energy Holdings Company. Spring, Nancy // Electric Light & Power;Nov/Dec2006, Vol. 84 Issue 6, p44
The article presents an interview with David Sokol, chairman and CEO of MidAmerican Energy Holdings Co. He was asked whether Berkshire Hathaway Inc.'s acquisition of MidAmerican points towards a positive trend that could be developing in the industry. He spoke about MidAmerican's acquisition of...
- NV Energy to Join MidAmerican Energy Holdings Company. // Transmission & Distribution World Exclusive Insight;6/ 5/2013, p4
The article reveals the acquisition of energy holding company NV Energy by MidAmerican Energy Holdings Co. It mentions NV Energy's total Nevada customers, the stock acquisition price, and the statements from both companies about the benefits of their partnership. Also discussed are the future...
- Warren gets buffeted as BYD tanks. // Automotive News;11/1/2010, Vol. 85 Issue 6436, p34
The article reports on the 10 percent fall in the stock prices of Chinese automobile company Byd Co. Ltd., in which investor Warren Buffett owns 10 percent, after it reported a 99 percent drop in third quarter profit due to falling sales.
- China's BYD puts dibs on US e-car market. Miel, Rhoda // Plastics News;1/18/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 43, p4
The article focuses on the plans of China's BYD Co. Ltd. for the North American market. The plans include launching sales of its all-electric E6 sedan in the U.S. by the end of 2010, and building a U.S. research and development, and production facility after that. During the North American...
- Chinese automaker aims to pass Toyota as global leader. Kurtenbach, Elaine // North Texas Automotive Report;Oct2009, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p3
The article reports on the plans of Chinese battery and automaker BYD Co. to overtake Toyota Motor Corp. to become the global automobile leader.
- Chinese automaker aims to pass Toyota as global leader. Kurtenbach, Elaine // North Texas Automotive Report;Oct2009, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p14
The article reports on the plan of Chinese battery and automaker BYD Co. to overtake Toyota Motor Corp. to become the global automobile company under two decades.