Dow Skids 500 as Bailout Fails
- Wall Street Life Raft Springs Leak. Schachter, Ken // Red Herring;9/29/2008, p9
The article reports on the decline in U.S. stocks as the $700 billion Wall Street rescue plan fails in the House. The Dow Jones Industrial Average dropped 777 points and the Nasdaq's plunge accelerated at the close to 9.1 percent. Apple dropped $20.71, or 16.2 percent, while Google crossed the...
- Bulls Take Charge Ahead Of Fed; Google, Priceline Outperform. KEN SHREVE // Investors Business Daily;9/15/2015, p00
The article provides details about the condition of the stock market in the U.S. It reveals that major averages depicted solid gains and were near session highs during an early afternoon trading. It offers details regarding the Dow Jones industrial average as well as the Nasdaq. Other...
- Stocks Give Up Gains And Go Red; Apple Falls As Big Event Starts. NANCY GONDO // Investors Business Daily;9/9/2015, p00
The article offers information related to stock market in the U.S. in 2015. Topics include the decline in Nasdaq, Standard & Poor's (S&P) 500, and Dow Jones industrial average in the country. Information regarding the stocks in computer manufacturer Apple, streaming media company Netflix, and...
- Stocks Still Not Finding Bottom; Apple Near 20-Month Low. PAUL WHITFIELD // Investors Business Daily;2/11/2016, p1
Stocks skidded south Thursday afternoon, as the market continued to search for a bottom.
- Ad Stocks Go Up. Zammit, Deanna // Adweek;10/31/2005, Vol. 46 Issue 42, p4
The article focuses on the position of the stocks market in the U.S. The Dow Jones Industrial Average gained better-than-expected gross domestic growth up 186.66 points at 10.402.77. The Nasdaq held steady, up just 31 cents at 2,089.88. WPP gained 0.96 points at $49.34. Omnicom gained the most,...
- Just One Economy. Cassell, Jonathan // Electronic News;03/06/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p8
Comments on the status of the United States economy in March 2000. Diverging fortunes of the Dow Jones Industrial Average and NASDAQ; Flaw with the theory of the old and the new economies; Analysis of the agreement among General Motors Corp., Ford Motor Co. and DaimlerChrysler.
- Market struggles through slow week. // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/22/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 38, p22A
The article presents the conditions of stock market in the U.S. in which most of the Dow Jones industrial average and the NASDAQ Stock Market composite index posted losses in four of the five trading days through November 17.
- In Chek. Baar, Aaron // Adweek;9/18/2006, Vol. 47 Issue 34, p4
The article focuses on the position of the advertising industry in the U.S. stock market during the week ending September 18, 2006. With a hope that no action will be taken by the Federal Reserve, a considerable rise was recorded in the stock market. Nearly all advertising stocks closed with an...
- Compromise On Stimulus Bill Lifts Stocks. Karr, Arnold J.; Ellis, Kristi // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/12/2009, Vol. 197 Issue 30, p24
The article reports that a Congressional compromise between the U.S. House and Senate versions of a financial resuscitation bill has resulted in an upward growth in the U.S. stock market. The S&P Retail Index was up 0.3 percent, to 266.59, on February 11, 2009 while the S&P 500 clocked in with a...