Citi Gobbles Wachovia
- Announcements. // ABA Bank Marketing;Jul/Aug2006, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p4
The article presents news briefs on the banking industry in the U.S. Mitzi Hoffman has been named director of marketing for Frontenac Banki. Wachovia company has announced that it will merge with Golden West Financial, one of the West Coast's last big independent banks. MarketMatch company has...
- In Brief. // American Banker;4/18/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 75, p32
Reports on news briefs about banks in the United States as of April 18, 2000. Deal between Citigroup Inc. and GE Financial Assurance; Shutdown of trust company Independent Trust Corp. of Chicago, Illinois; Wachovia Bank's taking a charge against first-quarter earnings to settle a lawsuit.
- `I'm a child of Atlanta'. // Georgia Trend;Mar99, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p112
Profiles Thomas Hills, president of the Wachovia Bank of Atlanta. Personal and professional background; Achievements; Business philosophy; Career highlights and plans.
- Valley Wachovia branches to be consolidated. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;12/11/2009, Issue 324113, p5
The article reports on the announcement of Wells Fargo & Co. on the rebranding of the Wachovia Bank NA branches in April 2010 in California. It has been stated that the closure of the 101 banks will lead to the merge of the nearby Wells Fargo branches. Moreover, some of its branches will be...
- Dobbs Ferry bank on the block. // Westchester County Business Journal;10/13/2008, Vol. 47 Issue 41, p5
The article reports on the sale of a closed Wachovia Bank NA branch in Dobbs Ferry, New York. The property will be sold as one asset in a portfolio of 74 bank branches and retail properties in 19 states. The sealed-bid sale will be handled by Carlton Advisory Services Inc. and will be opened on...
- Jump in Bond Issuance Good for Citi, JP Morgan. Moyer, Liz // American Banker;4/7/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 67, p2
Corporate America's appetite for bank loans is still suppressed, but its hunger for other forms of financing has been growing, as of April 7, 2004. Global debt issuance in the first quarter climbed 7% from a year earlier, to a record $1.46 trillion, and global high-yield corporate debt issuance...
- Wachovia's Giving Its Back End Front-Line Attention. Adams, John // Bank Technology News;Feb2004, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p23
Reports on Wachovia Bank NA's implementation of a Microsoft-based solution from ARGO data systems that integrates with several back-end systems to provide a comprehensive view of each customer relationship. Challenges facing companies when it comes to quickly responding to consumer requests;...
- Citigroup: continuing on the acquisition trail. // MarketWatch: Financial Services;April 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p16
Reports that U.S. banking group Citigroup Inc.has signed an agreement to purchase South Korean bank KorAm. Terms of the deal; Benefits for both parties; South Korean consumer banking market.
- Citigroup Said to Be Wary of Mexican Bank on Block. KRAUS, JAMES R. // American Banker;2/17/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 33, p18
Focuses on the concerns of Citigroup Inc. chairman John Reed on the bank's plan to acquire Mexico-based Banca Serfin. Comments on the status of Mexico's banking sector; Implications of the difficulties experienced by Citigroup in the acquired Banca Confia; Difficulties in integrating the...