Mass. Water Authority to Sell $150M of Debt With Synthetic Variable-Rate Swap
- Deal in Focus: MWRA Sets $180M Fixed-Rate Issue for Tunnel, Storage. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;3/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31341, p30
Reports that the Massachusetts Water Resources Authority, charged with bringing the waterways and drinking water of 60 communities in the Boston area up to federal standards, is entering the bond market with more than $150 million in fixed-rate revenue bonds. Financial advisers with the help of...
- Massachusetts Water Agency to Sell $165 Million. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;12/11/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31779, p4
Reports on the planned sale of the general revenue bonds by the Water Resources Authority in Massachusetts. Price of the bonds; Conversion of bonds to term bonds upon purchase; Financial advisers of the water authority on the sale.
- Mass. Water Agency to Issue $130M for Boston Beach Cleanup. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;3/9/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31837, p28
Reports on the plan of the Massachusetts Water Resources Authority to issue bonds for Boston, Massachusetts beach cleanup. Structure of the bonds.
- Water Agency's Search. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;8/29/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32206, p35
Reports on the entry of the Massachusetts Water Resources Authority in the bond market for investment banking services. Search of the authority for interested companies to submit their qualifications; Role of the authority in funding water distribution, sewer service, and water treatment in the...
- Massachusetts Water Agency Readies $180 Million Loan. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;9/25/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31230, p6
Reports the sale of $180 million general revenue bonds by the Massachusetts Water Resources Authority. Process on insuring the bond; Use of the proceeds to upgrade the water distribution and sewage systems; Credit vulnerability of the agency.
- Water for Everyone's Taste. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;7/29/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31437, p1
Reports the aim of the Massachusetts Water Resources Authority to appeal to the investors for a refund. Offer of a variable-rate and auction-rate debt; Role of Lehman Brothers in the deal; Provision of a letter of credit by Landesbank Baden-Wurttemberg.
- Massachusetts Water Authority Readies $326M of Revenue Refunding Bonds. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;3/14/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32089, p4
Reports on the plan of the Massachusetts Water Resource Authority to sell revenue refunding bonds. Move of Fitch Ratings Inc. to upgrade the bonds; Citation of the agency of the authority's greater independence from state aid and improved long-term planning as reasons for the upgrade;...
- Deals in New York, Massachusetts Dominate Calendar. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;3/14/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32089, p34
Presents updates related to bond market in the U.S. Plan of a New York issuer to bring a sizable and unique deal to the market whose proceeds will help finance the reconstruction of one of the World Trade Center buildings; Issuance of a Massachusetts financing to the market; Decision of the...
- Massachusetts Water Sale Leads Slate of Mid-Range Deals. Posner, Matthew; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;1/16/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32547, p7
The article reports that the municipal primary market will see a steady stream of mid-range deals with an $830 million offering from the Massachusetts Water Resources Authority (MWRA). Bear Stearns & Co. will price $830 million of new-money and refunding revenue bonds for the MWRA in two series....