- CEO: U.S. Bancorp Integration On Track . Reilly, Patrick // American Banker;11/7/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 214, p2
Focuses on the financial benefits of the merger between U.S. Bancorp and Firstar Corp. in the U.S. Details on the effectivity of the merger agreement; Information on the conversion of U.S. Bancorp. credit card portfolios and indirect lending units; Discussion on the strategies of U.S. Bancorp.
- Recent Mergers Prompt Firstar To Combine 3 Fund Families. Byrne, Olga // Bank Investment Consultant;Mar2001, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p42
Focuses on Milwaukee, Wisconsin-based Firstar Corp.'s combination of its three fund families into a single entity called Firstar Funds. Firstar's completion of a merger with United States-based US Bancorp Inc.; Principle objective behind regrouping of Firstar Funds; Expansion of distribution...
- U.S. Bancorp Revises Merger Charges. Reilly, Patrick // American Banker;8/16/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 158, p20
Reports the charges of U.S. Bancorp to its merger with Firstar Corp. Estimation of the merger and restructuring-related charges; Factors influencing the increase of the charges; Improvement in the risk profile of the company.
- The Trading Floor. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;1/8/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31299, p6
Reports on an announcement by U.S.-based Firstar Corp. to change its name after its merger with U.S.-based U.S. Bancorp. Existing and changed names of the company; Business area of U.S. Bank Corporate Trust Services.
- Shareholders Back Firstar-U.S. Bancorp. Leibowitz, Alissa // American Banker;2/14/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 31, p2
Reports that the shareholders of Firstar Corp. has approved its pendng merger with U.S. Bancorp. Schedule of the deal's closure; Total value of the deal's financial statement.
- FIRMCO Phasing In Its Name at Mercantile. Randall, Danielle // Investment Management Weekly;04/03/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 14, p4
Reports on the renaming of Mercantile Bank and its capital management subsidiary, Mississippi Valley Advisors, after the acquisition of Mercantile by Firstar.
- Firstar, U.S. Bancorp to Join. // Bank Investment Consultant;Nov2000, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p16
Reports on a merger agreement between banking firms Firstar Corp. of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and U.S. Bancorp of Minneapolis, Minnesota. Value of the deal; Total assets of the combined entity; Revenue stream of the merged U.S. Bancorp; Its high-growth specialty businesses.
- U.S. Bancorp Relies On Firstar Strategy For Consumer Side. Reilly, Patrick // American Banker;5/3/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 85, p3
Reports on U.S. Bancorp's completion of its merger with Firstar Corp. U.S. Bancorp's intention to leverage Firstar's success in consumer banking by adopting its business model; Plan to deliver consumer banking products to smaller markets; Granting of a level of autonomy to the managers of the...
- Does Lure of California Still Grab US Bancorp? Mandaro, Laura // American Banker;5/10/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 90, p1
Reports on U.S. Bancorp's expansion plans in the California market. Acquisition of U.S. Bancorp by Firstar Corp. in February 2001; Highlights of U.S. Bancorp chief executive officer Jerry Grundhofer's career in the banking industry; U.S. Bancorp's market share outside of California.