Illinois, Cook County Officials Fear Proposed Rule Will Hurt Hospital Funds
- HCFA announces preliminary FY94 Medicaid DSH allotments. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jul94, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p7
Reports on the Health Care Financing Administration's publication of the preliminary fiscal year 1994 national target and individual state allotments for Medicaid payment adjustments for disproportionate share hospitals (DSHs). Estimated expenditure target; DSH payments to hospitals that serve...
- HCFA meets on timetable for DSH payment phaseout under reform. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;10/20/93, Vol. 67 Issue 20, p16
Reports on discussion at the Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA) on a timetable for phasing out of Medicaid disproportionate-share (DSH) payments to hospitals. President Bill Clinton's reform plan; Savings on decreasing Medicare DSH payment adjustments.
- HCFA oks Medicaid waiver for New York. // Nation's Health;Aug97, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p8
Reports that Health Care Financing Administration has approved Medicaid demonstration proposal for New York. Number of people to enroll in manage care plans; Significance of the demonstration.
- Hawaii gets Medicaid waiver to combine public programs. // Nation's Health;Aug93, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p8
Reports on the Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA) granting a federal Medicaid waiver to the state of Hawaii, paving the way for the Hawaii Health QUEST. Integration of Medicaid with two state-funded programs for the uninsured to form a purchasing pool that will buy health care coverage;...
- HCFA announces expansion of Medicaid personal care services benefit. // Health Care Financing Review;Spring96, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p315
Reports that the US Health Care Financing Administration released revised requirements proposed for Medicaid coverage of personal care services furnished in a home or other location as an optional benefit. States' increased flexibility in defining the scope of their personal care services...
- HCFA issues rule on nurse practitioner coverage. // Primary Care Weekly;5/15/95, Vol. 1 Issue 6, p4
Reports that the Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA) has issued a final rule governing payment for pediatric and nurse practitioner services under Medicaid. Date of effectivity; Contact information.
- Maryland Medicaid waiver program features innovative reimbursement. // Primary Care Weekly;11/11/96, Vol. 2 Issue 44, p1
Reports on the Health Care Financing Administration's (HCFA) approval of Maryland's Section 1115 Medicaid managed care waiver that paves the program that will serve as a pilot for an innovative reimbursement methodology based on ambulatory care group (ACG) rates. Concern of primary care...
- Feds want their money back. Howland, Daphne // AHA News;1/9/95, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p3
Reports on the decision of the United States Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA) to seek money from states who may have used provider and health care taxes in fiscal year 1993 that are no longer permitted under Medicaid matching fund laws. List of accountable states.
- States rebel against feds' `stonewalling'. Aston, Geri // AHA News;6/26/95, Vol. 31 Issue 26, p3
Reports on the debate between Republican lawmakers and like-minded state Medicaid experts with Democrats and federal health officials over whether the states or the federal government should oversee the Medicaid program. Criticisms against the Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA);...
- Medicaid crunch averted. Asplund, Jon // AHA News;8/19/96, Vol. 32 Issue 33, p6
Reports that federal officials have released $94 million in Medicaid payments to Alabama to avert drastic cutbacks in funding to hospitals and other state health care providers. Dispute between the state Medicaid agency and the federal Health Care Financing Administration over the method the...