The Effect of a Single Infusion of Zoledronic Acid on Early Implant Migration in Total Hip Arthroplasty: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Controlled Trial
- The effect of patient position on blood loss in primary cemented total hip arthroplasty. Pace, Alistair; Yousef, Almunir // Archives of Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery;Oct2008, Vol. 128 Issue 10, p1209
The total blood loss of 101 cemented primary total hip arthroplasties was studied in a prospective randomised study. Fifty of them were implanted in the supine position and 51 in the lateral position. The patients were matched for sex, height, weight and ASA grade. Only one surgeon carried out...
- Optimizing success with lumbar disc arthroplasty. Gornet, Matthew; Schranck, Francine; Wharton, Nicholas; Beall, Douglas; Jones, Elizabeth; Myers, Mark; Hipp, John // European Spine Journal;Oct2014, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p2127
Purpose: This study aimed at determining the variables that may prove useful in predicting clinical outcomes following lumbar disc arthroplasty. Methods: Pre- and post-operative imaging assessments were obtained for 99 single-level lumbar disc arthroplasty patients from a prospective IDE study....
- Athletic Activity After Total Joint Arthroplasty. Healy, William L.; Sharma, Sanjeev; Schwartz, Benjamin; Iorio, Richard // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Oct2008, Vol. 90-A Issue 10, p2245
The article presents an overview of medical concepts related to athletic activity after total joint arthroplasty which is performed to treat arthritis. A discussion of information which orthopedic surgeons should provide to patients who are considering athletic activity after arthroplasty is...
- Percutaneously Assisted Total Hip Arthroplasty (PATH): A Preliminary Report. Penenberg, Brad L.; Bolling, W. Seth; Riley, Michelle // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Nov2008 Supplement 4, Vol. 90-A, p209
The article presents the results of research which was done in an effort to present a new soft tissue sparing approach to total hip arthroplasty. Researchers wanted to develop the approach, called percutaneously assisted total hip arthroplasty, so that patients undergoing arthroplasty would not...
- "MINIMALLY INVASIVE" TOTAL HIP ARTHROPLASTY. Berry, Daniel J. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Apr2005, Vol. 87-A Issue 4, p699
Comments on the introduction of the total hip arthroplasty to the orthopedic community. Information about the benefits of minimally minimally invasive total hip arthroplasty; Differences in the rates of complications of total hip arthroplasty; Methods of invasive total hip arthroplasty.
- CATASTROPHIC COMPLICATIONS OF MINIMALLY INVASIVE HIP SURGERY. Fehring, Thomas K.; Mason, J. Bohannon // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Apr2005, Vol. 87-A Issue 4, p711
Focuses on the complications of invasive hip surgery. Advantages of the minimally invasive technique; Approaches to perform invasive hip replacement surgery; Presentation of a case of a woman who underwent a primary total hip arthroplasty.
- REVISION OF THE ACETABULAR COMPONENT WITHOUT CEMENT AFTER TOTAL HIP ARTHROPLASTY. Della Valle, Craig J.; Shuaipaj, Tasin; Berger, Richard A.; Rosenberg, Aaron G.; Shott, Susan; Jacobs, Joshua J.; Galante, Jorge O. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Aug2005, Vol. 87-A Issue 8, p1795
Abstract: We previously reported our results at a minimum of three and seven years after use of a porous-coated acetabular metal shell in a consecutive series of 138 revision total hip arthroplasties. The current report presents the longer-term outcomes of these procedures, at fifteen to...
- Relationship between Patterns of Putting-on and Taking-off Socks and Hip Flexion Range of Motion in Early Stages after Total Hip Arthroplasty Surgery. Nankaku, Manabu; Takagi, Aya; Akiyama, Haruhiko; Goto, Koji; Nakamura, Takashi; Kakinoki, Ryosuke // Rigakuryoho Kagaku;2009, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p241
[Purpose] The purpose of this study was to investigate the relationship between patterns of putting-on and taking-off socks and flexion range of total arthroplastic hips in the early postoperative period. [Subjects] The subjects of this study were 74 patients (81 hip joints) who had undergone...
- The impact of waiting for total joint replacement on pain and functional status: a systematic review. // Advances in Orthopaedics;Jun2010, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p74
In this systematic review, the authors assessed determinants of changes in pain and functioning in patients with osteoarthritis awaiting total joint arthroplasty.