Treatment with and without Initial Stabilizing Surgery for Primary Traumatic Patellar Dislocation: A Prospective Randomized Study
- Closed reduction of an everted patella. Ganong, Richard B. // Physician & Sportsmedicine;Feb96, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p81
Focuses on the proper treatment of a laterally displaced patella with the patellar facets facing laterally. Problem of how to invert the patella; Elements involved in reducing an everted patella.
- Immediate mobilization in patellar dislocation. Rubin, Aaron; Housner, Jeffrey A. // Physician & Sportsmedicine;Feb97, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p18t
Presents an abstract of the study `Functional treatment of patellar dislocation in an athletic population,' by W.P. Garth, M. Pomphrey et al, published in the `American Journal of Sports Medicine.'
- Effect of Patellar Taping and Bracing on Patellar Position: An MRI Case Study. Worrell, Teddy W.; Ingersoll, Christopher D. // Journal of Sport Rehabilitation;May1994, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p146
Examines the effect of patellar taping and bracing on patellar position. Patellofemoral congruence angle; Lateral patellar angle; Lateral patellar displacement; Determination of position by visual analog scale; Rehabilitative protocols for patellar pain.
- Differential blockade to assess surgical repair by intraoperative active mobilization in knee injuries-Beyond labour analgesia. Vijay Anand, G.; Kannan, M.; Palaramakrishnan, D. // Indian Journal of Anaesthesia;Mar/Apr2011, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p181
Motor-sparing selective epidural analgesia has long been practised in the field of labour analgesia. However, the utility of such techniques in other fields remain limited. We present the successful use of a similar technique of differential blockade in a case of quadriceps plasty with...
- Rehabilitation for Disorders of the Kneecap. Hargrove, Kim // Hughston Health Alert;Spring2010, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p6
The article discusses the medical management of kneecap disorders. The physical therapy management of patellofemoral dysfunction which is a group of disorders ranging from abnormally positioned patella to a partially and fully dislocated patella is tackled. It also highlights the significance of...
- Surgical Correction of Patellar Luxation in a Rabbit. Riggs, J.; Langley-Hobbs, S. J. // Case Reports in Veterinary Medicine;2013, p1
A two-and-a-half-year-old giant lop-eared rabbit, weighing 5.1 kg, presented with a one-month history of intermittent right hind limb lameness.The limb locked in extension during hopping. On examination, a grade-2 medial patellar luxation of the right hind was diagnosed, with associated stifle...
- Galeazzi's modified technique for recurrent patella dislocation in skeletally immature patients. Aulisa, Angelo; Falciglia, Francesco; Giordano, Marco; Savignoni, Pietro; Guzzanti, Vincenzo // Journal of Orthopaedic Science;Mar2012, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p148
Background: A large number of surgical techniques have been proposed for the treatment of recurrent patellar dislocation in adolescents, one of the most famous being Galeazzi's semitendinosus tenodesis as modified by Baker. The aim of this study was to verify the mid-term results of this...
- Arthroscopic patellar reinsertion of the MPFL in acute patellar dislocations. Mariani, P. P.; Liguori, L.; Cerullo, G.; Iannella, G.; Floris, L. // Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy;Apr2011, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p628
Purpose: The objective of this study was to evaluate the mid-term results of a new technique for the arthroscopic repair of MPFL after an acute patellar dislocation (APD). Materials: The series included 17 patients (11 men and 6 women) with a first episode of acute patellar dislocation; treated...
- Operative versus non-operative management of patellar dislocation. A meta-analysis. Smith, Toby O.; Fujian Song; Donell, Simon T.; Hing, Caroline B. // Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy;Jun2011, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p988
Purpose: Conservative management of patellar dislocation can result in recurrent instability in up to 60% of patients. Surgery is therefore advocated in an attempt to reduce the incidence of recurrent dislocation and instability. The purpose of this study was to compare the clinical outcomes of...