- Ticket sellers: One big unhappy family. Kukolla, Steve // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/20/94, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p1A
Reports on ticket scalping in Indianapolis, Indiana. Regulation; Distinction between ticket brokers and scalpers; Analogy between stock and ticket brokers; Examples of area ticket brokers.
- Ticket Center to open mid-February. Ryan, Frances // Caribbean Business;1/9/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p4
Reports on the opening of electronic arts and entertainment ticket center in Puerto Rico in February 1997. Features of Ticket Center located at JC Penney store in Plaza Las Americas; Services offered; Kinds of tickets sold; Expansion plans for additional electronic ticket booth in other...
- Times Square sales. // Variety;08/25/97, Vol. 368 Issue 3, p81
Presents data on ticket sales at the Times Square Ticket Center in New York for the week ended August 17, 1997.
- The hustle. Layden, Tim // Sports Illustrated;04/07/97, Vol. 86 Issue 14, p102
Looks at ticket scalping in the United States. The prevalence of scalpers outside sports stadiums; Three types of scalpers; Brokers; Street hustlers; Local hawkers; How brokers buy and sell tickets; Turf wars between rival scalpers; Athletes often selling tickets to scalpers at high prices;...
- Arena ticket vendor companies scrutinized. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;07/08/96, Vol. 14 Issue 28, pB-5
Reports that the Downtown Development Authority of Grand Rapids, Michigan, is expected to choose which one between Ticketmaster and Tickets PLUS, to become the ticket vendor for the new Van Andel Arena. Comparison of proposals submitted by Ticketmaster and Tickets PLUS; Emphasis on reliability...
- TopTix poised to shake up UK ticketing. // Music Week;10/9/2010, Issue 40, p10
The article reports that Israeli company Toptix has prepared to push a modern ticketing system into the commercial market in Great Britain and Europe.
- Spanish B.O. flattened out in '95. Hopewell, John // Variety;3/25/96, Vol. 362 Issue 8, p12
Reports on the decline in box offices figures for 1995 in Spain. Factors contributing to fall in admissions; Increase in revenues for 1995; Who was top distributor in Spain in 1995.
- Variety international box office. // Variety;3/25/96, Vol. 362 Issue 8, p16
Presents statistics for the various international box offices in countries outside of the United States, for the month of March 1996.
- INTIX Confab May Chip `Ice'. McBride, Murdoch // Back Stage;01/29/99, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p55
Focuses on the conference held by the International Ticketing Association. Reason for the success of the association; Features of the conference; Key topics of the conference.