Stylish looks on a budget
- Untitled. O'Connor, David // Event;Oct2002, p14
Presents cost-effective ways to participate in exhibitions. Pointers on building cost-effective stands; Role of exhibition organizers in the reduction of exhibition costs.
- 20 ways to cut costs. McLuhan, Rob // Marketing Event;Mar2000, p41
Presents tips to cut costs in transferring equipment to and from an exhibition.
- How stamp shows are really financed. Leszak, John L. // Mekeel's & Stamps Magazine;04/18/97, Vol. 180 Issue 16, p5
Editorial. Presents the financial aspect of stamp shows. Various sources of finance for stamp shows; Importance of good advertising of stamp shows to dealers; Results of harmonic balance between shows and dealers.
- On the rebound: Office furniture sales recovering. Chuvala, Bob // Fairfield County Business Journal;5/20/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 20, p12
Reports on the status of the office furniture industry in Connecticut. Signs of recovery from recession; Prevalence of companies engage in cost-cutting initiative; Trends in office furniture designs.
- THE VIEW FROM THE US. Carroll, Joe // Cabinet Maker;4/24/2009, Issue 5634, p29
In this article the author focuses on the furniture industry in the U.S. in 2009. He asserts that even though its sales has dropped by US$8 billion in 2008 due to recession, he observes that someone is still selling it and someone is buying it. However, he says that this does not mean that the...
- Outsourcing's growth comes at a price. Imberman, Woodruff // Wood & Wood Products;Nov97, Vol. 102 Issue 12, p42
States that the highly competitive nature of outsourcing is forcing suppliers to increase productivity to hold the line on pricing. Major problem of furniture and fixture suppliers; Extent of outsourcing in industries; Adverse effects of the pressure on furniture suppliers to reduce prices.
- Freight cost savings provides huge potential. Aylsworth, Karen // Grand Rapids Business Journal;06/09/97, Vol. 15 Issue 23, pB-1
Focuses on prospects for freight cost savings in the office furniture manufacturing industry in Michigan. Expected annual savings in the industry from freight costs control; Determination of accurate freight charges; Annual shipments by product category; Auditing of freight bills.
- Moving on. Adams, Mark // Cabinet Maker;1/16/2004, Issue 5371, p50
Focuses on the control of the transport costs by furniture companies in Great Britain. Impact of the Working Time Directive on transport; Efficiencies of the furniture transportation; Total estimated annual transport costs. INSET: Big money.
- Independent retailers enter into shop-share scheme. // Cabinet Maker;2/1/2013, Issue 5823, p4
The article reports on the shop-share plan taken by independent furniture retailers Everything Tiles and the Stanway branch of Hunwick Furnishers at the end of 2012 to save money and support each other's business.