From rock show to expo
- The Secret of Live. Petersen, George // FRONT of HOUSE;Jul2015, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p4
The author discusses his frustrations while attending the InfoComm 2015 show in Orlando, Florida due to the lack of signage pointing to audio demo room and the focus of the exhibition on live/installed audio and the difficulty in covering live events, such as concerts.
- AN ISOLATION NIGHTMARE. Liles, Bennett // Sound & Video Contractor;Feb2016, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p44
An interview with Steve Haas, president of SH Acoustics, which specializes in the acoustic and audio design, is presented. Topics discussed include the sound system installation at the World's Fair, the use of the SymNet Radius digital signal processors (DSPs) in the project, and the amplifiers...
- Hooked on Cinemaphonics. Sandberg-Dierson, Marian // Lighting Dimensions;Sep2005, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p36
Focuses on production company Flux Events' promotion and management of a cinemaphony performance of Dmitri Shostakovich's "Seventh Symphony" at the Royal Albert Hall in London, England. Projectors used by XL Video for the cinemaphony performance; Management of the rigging aspect by Rigging...
- A Tale Of Two Churches. DALEY, DAN // Sound & Video Contractor;Jan2011, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p50
The article discusses the use of audio-visual (AV) technology and stages as tools to attract the youth by the Cornerstone Church in Grand Rapids Michigan and the Zion Global Ministries church in West Chester, Ohio. The Cornerstone Church has a proscenium-type stage with a transformer power...
- GALLERY. // AV Magazine;May2014, p87
Photographs of several lighting and visual designs used in various events including the first full production tour of trip hop trio London Grammar, the "Mechanical Bull" tour of the Kings of Leon, and the video for singer Katy B, are presented.
- L-Acoustics Deployed for Yanni Concert. // FRONT of HOUSE;Jan2012, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p8
The article reports on the utilization of Beijing Dadong Huahan Audiovisual Equipment Co.'s L-Acoustics V-DOSC/KUDO line array system for the concert of Greek pianist and composer Yanni in Guangzhou, China.
- Peter Murphy. // Mix;Jul2005, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p72
Focuses on the sound equipment used by vocalist Peter Murphy during his concert tour to promote his music release "Unshattered" in San Francisco, California. Effects units utilized by sound mixer Chris Raughley during the concert; Application of 48 sound channels onstage sub-mixed from a digital...
- News. // Mix;Mar2008, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p64
The article offers world news briefs related to the audio-visual equipment industry. Maryland Sound International has provided a 96-input Studer Stagebox in both performance stages at the New Year's Eve Show in New York City's Time Square. Engineer and project manager Constantine Zachariou of...
- A Place to Remember. // Systems Contractor News;Aug2014, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p59
The article discusses the audiovisual (AV) systems in the exhibition by Thinc Design and Layman Design at the National September 11 Memorial & Museum in the World Trade Center in Lower Manhattan, New York City. It says that the AV systems was designed by PPI Consulting's Bob Haroutunian, while...