Health reformers look to White House for aid
- To Be Or Not To Be - Supportive of Pending Health Care Reform. // Electronic Ardell Wellness Report (E-AWR);12/28/2009, Issue 514, p1
In this article, the author discusses the U.S. health care reform. He states that he likes to see the improvement in the reform under the leadership of the President Barack Obama. He informs that being a medical system reformer, he has been writing articles in newspapers, books and websites....
- Obama Makes White House Office of Health Reform Official. // Aging News Alert;4/10/2009, p5
The article reports that U.S. President Barack Obama has signed an executive order that officially establishes the White House Office of Health Reform (OHR) to help oversee the administration's efforts to make changes in the health care system. According to the order, the office will coordinate...
- It's Not What You Have That Matters, But What You Can Do with It. // CATO Policy Report;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p18
The article offers news briefs in the U.S. The International Monetary Fund (IMF) recently apportioned 250 billion dollars in special drawing rights to its member nations. President Obama's health care plan is considered to be expensive. Health care reformers point to Massachusetts as a model of...
- Czar Power. Matthews, Marianne // Imaging Economics;Jun2009, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p6
The article presents the author's views on the impact of the proposed healthcare reform in the U.S. on radiology. It states that the administration of President Barack Obama is trying to provide healthcare to some 46 million uninsured people and modernize the system by adopting new health...
- White House Releases Strategy to Protect Identities in Cyberspace. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;4/27/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p8
This article reports on the release of the National Strategy for Trusted Identities in Cyberspace (NSTIC) by the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama in April 2011.
- Obama gains by easing rules. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);2/7/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 6, pP28
In this article, the author reflects on the decision of U.S. President Barack Obama to review federal regulations in January 2011 to ease the burden on the business sector in the U.S.
- President Proposes Huge Increase to FY2011 Federal Education Budget. // NSTA Express;2/1/2010, p1
The article offers information on the budget released for federal programs in financial year 2011 by U.S. President Barack Obama.
- STEP BY STEP. Long, Emily // Government Executive;Jan2010, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p8
The article reports on the challenge of the Office of Management and Budget on recording the number of steps taken in walking to support the efforts of the U.S. President Barack Obama on health and wellness.
- The next New Deal. Budowsky, Brent // Hill;10/15/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 119, p26
The article focuses on the author's view regarding the era of reforms that will take place if Senator Barack Obama wins the presidential position in the 2008 presidential elections in the U.S.