Don't abandon free market capitalism
Tags: FINANCIAL crises
- The fiscal and payments crisis. Lushin, S. // Problems of Economic Transition;Sep97, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p36
Describes the financial crisis in Russia. Principal cause of the crisis; Consequences of the decline in production; Impact of the proclamation of `financial stabilization' under the conditions of declining production; Connections between fiscal and payment crises.
- NEW YORK: Trouble in Nassau. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;11/19/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31268, p41
Focuses on the financial crisis faced by New York's Nassau County. Decline in sales tax collections for September 2001.
- Ride the greenback. Siddiqi, Moin // African Business;Feb98, Issue 229, p19
Relates issues pertaining to the economic crisis in Asia. Three major global results of the financial crisis; Delay of hikes of interest rates in the United States and Europe; Sterling's offer of highest money yields; Decline of the Japanese stock market; Strength of the dollar against the...
- chapter 4: Special Report. // Venezuela Business Forecast Report;2009 1st Quarter, p25
The article argues that the current financial problems of the U.S. will not necessarily undermine its position as a global superpower.
- Asian bust--U.S. boom? // Buildings;Sep98, Vol. 92 Issue 9, p100
Presents an excerpt from the paper `The Southeast Asian Crisis: Constructing Prosperity in the Wake of Financial Collapse,' by William F. Evans.
- On the edge of crisis: Part II. Cote, Marcel // CA Magazine;Mar1995, Vol. 128 Issue 2, p72
Offers suggestions on how Canadians can protect themselves from a financial crisis.
- International financial crises: Myths and realities. Schwartz, Anna J. // CATO Journal;Winter98, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p251
Discusses the myths and realities of international transmission of financial crises. How international transmission of financial crises can be prevented; Link between financial crises and exchange-rate crises; Question of whether an individual country that has mismanaged its affairs can cause...
- The origin of Mexico's 1994 financial crisis. Gil-Diaz, Francisco // CATO Journal;Winter98, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p303
Discusses the factors which lead to the collapse of the financial market in Mexico in 1994. Reforms which lead to economic growth between 1989 and 1994; Details on the financial market history of Mexico between 1989 and 1994; Factors which contributed to facilitate credit increases and led to...
- Lessons for Asia from Mexico. Meigs, A. James // CATO Journal;Winter98, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p315
Focuses on the financial crises in Mexico and Asia. Why investors where surprised in both cases; Indication that in 1992, economist Milton Friedman predicted the collapse of the Mexican financial market; Similarities between the two financial crises; Question of what investors in Asia should...