Graphic Novel Market Continues to Grow Despite Weak Economy
- Big Crowds at NYCC, Big Sales Gains. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;3/6/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 10, p18
The article highlights the New York Comic-con national comics convention held in New York City in 2006. During the convention, an increase in graphic novel retail sales in 2005 is reported. The New York Comic-con garnered a huge turnout. According to an annual report delivered during the...
- BIRTH OF A SALESMAN. Bernardin, Marc // Entertainment Weekly;8/10/2007, Issue 947, p37
The author discusses his experiences at the Comic-Con Convention, held in San Diego, California from July 26, 2007 through July 29, 2007. The author attended the convention in order to sell copies of the first graphic novel which he had written, "Monster Attack Network." Due to the fact that his...
- World Book Award. Thibodeaux, Annette // Catholic Library World;Mar2009, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p189
Information about topics discussed at the Young Adult Library Services Association of the American Library Association's "How We Read Now" Young Adult Literature Symposium preconference held in Nashville, Tennessee in November 2008. Topics include the history of graphic novels, the manga format...
- From Editor to Otaku. St. Lifer, Evan // School Library Journal;Aug2004, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p5
Focuses on the creation of the "School Library Journal's" Guide to Graphic Novels. Growth of graphic novel in the U.S. as of August 1, 2004; Participation of graphic-novel publishers and anime producers at the American Library Association's annual conference in Orlando, Florida in June 2004;...
- CLASSICS Illustrated. Klatt, Wayne // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Apr2010, Vol. 115 Issue 2, p20
The author talks about the history of graphic novels during the 1940s and '50s.
- Watchmen AN ORAL HISTORY. Jensen, Jeff // Entertainment Weekly;10/28/2005, Issue 847, p44
Focuses on the history of the comic book "Watchmen."
- READER KNOWS BEST. Jeffee, Larry // Promo;Jun2007, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p6
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on the launching of the first graphic novel series for teenagers and another on the excerpts from a book on page 66.
- Special This Issue. Ott, Bill // Booklist;3/15/2010, Vol. 106 Issue 14, p1
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses the issue's theme of graphic novels and comic books, and various reviews and columns related to it.
- Introduction. Round, Julia; Murray, Chris // Studies in Comics;Jul2015, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p3
An introduction to the journal is presented which discusses articles presented at the 2014 International Conference of Graphic Novels and Comics held in London, England from July 18-20 and covered topics including noir, religious education and manga.