Electronic Books: Vastly Outnumbered, Children's Drop to Romance
- Stephenie Meyer's Twilight Series and the 'Post(-)ing' of Feminism. Spieler, Sophie // Aspeers;2012, Issue 5, p119
Immensely popular with a largely female readership, Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series and its male hero Edward Cullen have become literary and cultural phenomena to be reckoned with. However, critical readers--especially in the blogosphere--have observed that in terms of gender and sexuality,...
- Children's Fiction Bestsellers. Roback, Diane // Publishers Weekly;12/11/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 49, p24
The article offers information on the bestselling children's fiction books in the U.S. There are a combined 280,000 copies of Twilight in print, and 250,000 of New Moon, both by Stephenie Meyer. Tamora Pierce's Terrier may be the first in a new series, but it is set within the medieval...
- Kids in the Fall. Roback, Diane // Publishers Weekly;6/11/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 24, p29
The article presents information on several children's books that will be released in 2007. Publisher Putnam is printing 300,000 copies of "Slam," by Nick Hornby, due out in October. Little, Brown has a million copies in print for Stephenie Meyer's first two vampire novels, "Twilight" and "New...
- Vampires: Scary or Sexy? Hemphill, Meredith // Teen Ink;Oct2014, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p21
In this article, the author reflects on vampires, a noctural creature that drinks human blood and discusses how vampiric monsters of the ancient times that used to cause fear among ancient people have now come to be loved by humans citing reference to the book "Twilight" by Stephenie Meyer.
- New Moon. Dobrez, Cindy // Booklist;7/1/2006, Vol. 102 Issue 21, p51
Reviews the book â€œNew Moon,â€ by Stephenie Meyer.
- New Moon. // Booklist;12/01/2006, Vol. 103 Issue 7, p71
A review of the book "New Moon," by Stephanie Meyer, is presented.
- School Library Profile - Lester B. Pearson Collegiate Institute. // School Libraries in Canada (17108535);2009, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p36
The article offers information on the school library of the Lester B. Pearson Collegiate Institute in Malvern, Scarborough, Ontario. The White Pine Book Club is run by the library, which supports literacy as well as Canadian literature in school. Among the most popular series in the library are...
- Teen Read Week Washougal Style. Dillon, Kim // Medium;Spring2009, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p10
The article offers information on the five day celebration of Teen Read Week (TRW) in Washougal, Washington. It states that TRW is designed to connect with readers and students. The event started with the marketing the promotion of the "Bustin' Chops Reading." On the following day, fans of...
- Twilight. Cooper, Ilene // Booklist;11/15/2005, Vol. 102 Issue 6, p58
Reviews the book â€œTwilight,â€ by Stephenie Meyer.