Exclusive: Booksellers Expect to Stock Less Adult Hardcover, More Young Adult in 2009
- ARKANSAS. Nawotka, Edward // Publishers Weekly;1/22/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 4, p27
The article discusses the state of the book market in Arkansas. Wal-Mart dominates the retailing scene--including the book market--in its home state, where it has 92 outlets. With only one bookstore (indie or chain) for every 70,589 residents, Arkansas--the 33rd most populous states--has the...
- PRICED TO GO. Surowiecki, James // New Yorker;11/9/2009, Vol. 85 Issue 36, p31
The article discusses the price war between the retailers Amazon, WalMart and Target. It notes that the slashing of prices almost always results in loss of money, but points out the the price war is limited to ten best-selling books. The author states that the purpose of the war is not for one...
- INDEPENDENT RETAILER WATCH: Lessons for the Big Three. // Book Publishing Report;Apr2007, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p12
The article reports on the business performance of independent book retailers in 2006 in the U.S. The survey conducted by Simba Information Inc. reveals the various responses of five states concerning bookselling in the country. It was shown that the success of independent booksellers was...
- Wal-Mart Not Carrying 'America' Abbott, Charlotte // Publishers Weekly;10/25/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 43, p8
Reports on the decision of retailer chain Wal-Mart to cancel its orders of the book "America: The Book" from publisher Warner Books in the U.S. Reason for the decision of Wal-Mart to refuse selling books authored by Jon Stewart; Reputation of Wal-Mart in the stocking of books; Sales performance...
- Wal-Mart sells (a few) books online. Angel, Karen // Publishers Weekly;10/21/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 43, p36
Discusses Wal-Mart's Web site, which allows customers to purchase books online. Number of fiction and nonfiction titles available; Cost; Examples of the books listed; Secured shopping, which encrypts any credit card information; No electronic handling fee.
- RETAILING GIANTS. // Home Textiles Today;Aug2014, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p22
The article lists top 50 U.S,-based home furnishing retailers on the basis of their business growth Wal-Mart Stores Inc., Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and Target Corp.
- Wal-Mart's Big Window of Opportunity in Canada. ORGEL, DAVID // SN: Supermarket News;2/7/2011, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p10
The article presents the author's comments on how the entry of Target Corp. in Canada's market, could create worries for big retailers like Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
- TOP 101 RETAILERS. // SGB;Summer2009, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p33
The article lists top 101 retailers in the U.S. including Wal-Mart Stores Inc., Target Corp., and Macy's Inc.
- Leaders in the Trade Class Become More Alike. // MMR;5/17/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p59
The article reports on the similarity of two retailers Wal-Mart Stores Inc. and Target Corp. in the U.S.