January Offers More New Titles, but Less Bestsellers
- Influx Of New Titles Continues In October. // Book Publishing Report;Nov2011, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p6
The article reports on the figures of the influx of new titles of books in the U.S. wherein the flow of 279 ISBNs to bestseller lists in September 2011 has nearly matched for October 2011's number of new ISBNs. In addition, the upswing in September that intensified in October represented three...
- Books for the Millions. Lehman, Milton G. // New Republic;7/22/40, Vol. 103 Issue 4, p121
The article discusses the two ways to make money in publishing books. One way is to print new books after a cautious reading of the manuscript indicates that those books should sell. The other way is to reprint best-sellers in cheaper editions for a mass audience. A best-seller is a tested...
- 279 New ISBNs Hit Lists In September. // Book Publishing Report;Oct2011, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p1
The article offers updates on the business of trade publishing in the U.S. It notes that a total of 279 new International Standard Book Numbers (ISBNs) have landed on the best seller lists as of September 2011. It adds that "The New York Times," "USA Today" and "Publishers Weekly" were among the...
- Identifiers. Simmonds, Albert W. // Publishing Research Quarterly;Summer99, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p7
Provides information on the identifiers that were developed to provide standardization in the publishing industry. Issue regarding the concept of an International Standard Book Number; Other identifiers that are important to the intellectual property industry; Key identifiers for the...
- ISBN INDEX. // Quill & Quire;Dec2007 Canadian Publishers Dir, Vol. 73, p42
The article lists the ISBN prefixes used by various publishers in Canada which include HarperCollins Canada Ltd., Penguin Group (Canada) and Elsevier Canada.
- ISBN INDEX. // Canadian Publishers Directory;Jul2009, p41
The article lists several publishers with their corresponding International Standard Book Numbers (ISBN) including HarperCollins Canada Ltd. with 0-00 as its ISBN, Scholastic Canada Ltd. with 0-516 as its ISBN, and The Reader's Digest Association (Canada) Ltd. with 0-88850 as its ISBN.
- New Editions, E-Books Slip As Holiday Shopping Begins. // Book Publishing Report;Dec2012, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p1
The article discusses the top 10 bestseller book titles scorecard list in the U.S. in November 2012. It states that seven of the top ten bestseller book titles in October 2012 returned in November based on sales reported from November 10-December 1 2012. It mentions that fiction book titles...
- Behind the bestsellers. Maryles, Daisy // Publishers Weekly;12/9/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 50, p17
Discusses publishing news for the week of December 9, 1996, about bestsellers. The omission of `Angela's Ashes,' by Frank McCourt from the 1996 National Book Awards; The relaunch of the book `The Christmas Box,' by Richard Paul Evans; The publication of `The Christmas Tree,' by Julie Salamon...
- --The Publishers--. // Book Publishing Report;04/09/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p4
Lists the publishers of hardcover nonfiction bestsellers through April 8, 2001. Simba Information from the 'New York Times' bestseller lists; Number of weeks in the list.