Toyota in test drive initiative
- Toyota drops Celica, MR2. Johnson, Mark // Automotive Body Repair News;Sep2004, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p18
Reports that Toyota has ceased U.S. sales of its Celica and MR2 models by the end of the 2005 model year. Replacement of the vehicles; Plan of Toyota to continue to sell both cars in Europe and Japan.
- Scion Grows Up. Fonda, Daren // Time;8/16/2004, Vol. 164 Issue 7, p79
Reviews the Toyota Scion, the budget nameplate launched by Toyota in the summer of 2003. How the base package for the car is equipped with a sport-tuned suspension, antilock disc brakes, 17-inch alloy wheels, and a chrome-tipped exhaust; Retirement of the Toyota Celica and the MR2 Spyder.
- Watch Your Segment. Winter, Drew // Ward's Auto World;Oct2004, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p5
Comments on the decline in demand for MR2 Spyder, a sports car from Toyota. Number of MR2 Spyders and Celica sold in 2003; Examples of sports cars whose production have been discontinued; Reason behind the decrease in demand for sports car according to Joe Barker, manager of North American...
- Cars Worth Noting. // Automotive Industries;Apr2000, Vol. 180 Issue 4, p26
Compares three cars. 2000 Toyota MR Spyder; 2000 Volvo S40 sedan; 2000 Toyota Celica; Features of the cars.
- 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo. // Motor Age;Nov94, Vol. 113 Issue 11, p76
Features the Toyota MR2 Turbo automobile from Toyota Motor Company. Description of the engine used; Chassis specifications; Engine performance; Water-cooled turbocharger; Sequential multi-port fuel injection system.
- MR not 2 much. // AutoWeek;02/07/2000, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p5
Features the Toyota MR2 Spyder from Toyota Motor Corp. Retail price of the Spyder; Number of MR2 that will be imported by Toyota to the United States; Reactions of automobile dealers to the car's price markup.
- Toyota says sayonara to Fiero-fighting MR2. // Ward's Auto World;Aug95, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p10
Reports on Toyota Motor Corp.'s decision to stop the production of its MR2 car model. High price as cause of its decision to stop its production.
- At Large. Thompson, Steve // AutoWeek;4/8/2002, Vol. 52 Issue 15, p10
Evaluates the Toyota MR2 automobile from Toyota Motor Corp. Requirement for drive transformation; Engine capability; Maximum speed.
- Toyota MR2--hard and fast. // Machine Design;9/26/94, Vol. 66 Issue 18, p199
Features the Toyota MR2 automobile from Toyota Motor Company. Features; Design; Engine; Mileage rating; Technical specifications.