Export award winner decries strong pound
- â€žMade in Britainâ€œ wieder in Mode. Diehl-Wobbe, Elsbeth // Textilwirtschaft;3/15/2012, Issue 11, p32
The article offers information on the British fashion industry, with a particular focus on increasing manufacturing within Britain. Topics discussed include the role of the weak British currency's for the industry, revenues from British designer clothing, and the role of fashion product's for...
- A CHANGING LANDSCAPE. // Irish Food;Winter2008/2009, p12
The article focuses on the marketing strategies used by Bord Bia to boost the sales of Irish food and drinks in Ireland. Aidan Cotter, the chief executive at Bord Bia, claims the importance of understanding the market in order to determine the market or consumer for each product. The move is...
- Gap between business winners and losers widens. // Operations Management (1755-1501);2012, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p3
The article offers information on the BDO Industry Watch report from the BDO LLP which forecasts a marginal increase in the overall number of business failures in Great Britain in 2012-2013. Shay Bannon of BDO LLP mentions that there are real growth opportunities for British companies, however,...
- Sterling to fall in value. // Accountancy Ireland;Feb1998, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p41
Forecasts a decline in the value of the pound sterling. Possibility of sterling trading in lower levels than at present; Interest rates; Importance for Ireland to monitor the value of sterling and its forecast value after one year.
- View from the Pulpit. // Munday Courier (TX);3/15/2012, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p2
The article presents the author's comments views on the British system of currency during the 1970s.
- Should the UK Join the Euro Zone? Evidence from a Synthetic OCA Assessment. Kang-Soek Lee; Saucier, Philippe // European Journal of Comparative Economics;2011, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p77
Based on optimal currency area theories, this paper applies the empirical methodology of structural VAR to revisit the question of whether UK should join or not the Euro zone. Correlations of effective exchange rates between UK and US on one side and between UK and its major European partners...
- Untitled Image. Seaman, Owen // Punch, or the London Charivari, Vol. 158, 1920-05-19;1/1/1920, p23
The article presents an auctioneer selling grass-keep which is said to be one that Nebuchadnezzar would have paid for ten pounds for an acre.
- Currency merry-go-round. Preece, Howard // Finance Week;8/24/2001, p69
Focuses on the purchase of Sage Corp. shares by Louis Shill in South Africa. Creation of alliances and partnerships with shareholders; Use of dividend income for the stock purchase; Irrelevance of the stock purchase on supply-demand equation.
- High pound hits exports. // Professional Engineering;04/30/97, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p9
Reports on the decline in Great Britain's export orders caused by the strength of the British pound as of April 30, 1997.