Flexible High-Production Transfer Press Operations
- INNOVATIONS FORMING & FABRICATING. // Production Technology News;May2005, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p24
Introduces several machine tools. Advantage of the Model S4N punching and shearing machine from Salvagnini America Inc.; Features of the Easy Bend tooling from Mate Precision Tooling; Description of the PEMSERTER Series 4 press from PennEngineering Fastening Technologies.
- PRESS WORKING. Vasilash, Gary S. // Automotive Manufacturing & Production;Apr2000, Vol. 112 Issue 4, p76
Discusses the factors that automobile parts makers have to consider before installing cross-bar transfer presses. Why stamping operations have high output rates; Importance of the universal station approach for Schuler Inc.; Benefits of the press cell for Atlas Technologies; Advantages of...
- The right tool for the job: pressfit connectors and insertion methods. Goodman, David // Connector Specifier;Oct2003, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p17
Focuses on the importance of properly designed and applied insertion tooling and support fixtures on the backplane pressfit connectors assembly. Benefits derived from choosing pressfit backplane connectors over solder joints; Description of insertion presses; Information on the functions of...
- PUNCHING MACHINES EQUIPPED WITH FLATTENING CONCEPT. // Modern Machine Shop;Jan2014, Vol. 86 Issue 8, p174
The article evaluates the TruPunch 5000 punching machine and TruMatic 7000 punch laser combination machine from Trumpf Inc.
- Pressing assembly needs. // Metalworking Production;May2006, Vol. 150 Issue 5, p40
The article evaluates Industrias AGME SA's riveting machines and presses and offers information on capacity and computer numerical control.
- Punching capacity doubled. Remich Jr., Norman C. // Appliance Manufacturer;May98, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p77
Reports on the use by England-based range maker Flavel-Leisure of Mate Precision Tooling's ULTRA tools and Finn-Power Lillbacka Metallite's presses. Combination of 49 tools in one tool set up; Capability of dedicating kits-of-parts while limiting tool changes to 10 to 20 per week and maximizing...
- Dual Operator Ironworker. // Modern Machine Shop;Apr2006, Vol. 78 Issue 11, p179
The article evaluates the Dual Operator 150-ton hydraulic ironworker from Scotchman Industries, and offers information on its design features, functionality and advantages.
- Electric, Hydraulic, or Hybrid? Knights, Mikell // Plastics Technology;May2007, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p68
The article presents the views of several machine builders and molders regarding injection molding machines. According to Kraass-Maffei product manager Markus Betsche, the advantage gained by an electric or hybrid press may be needed in only a handful of applications. David Bernardi, a senior...
- Hurco machining tools for aero engine air seal manufacture. lloydd // MWP (Online Edition);10/ 4/2012, p259
The article reports that a Hurco Cos. Inc.'s machining centre has been specified by Crossen Engineering to press aero engine air seals. It is stated that 4,000 seals using some of its 17 power presses rated from 35 to 500 tonnes force will be produced by press shop at Crossen Engineering. It is...