POINTS OF VIEW
- Interferometer useful in studying steel, lens molds, and LCDs. Cassidy, Robert // R&D Magazine;Oct94, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p93
Features the NewView 100, a polarized white light inferometer from Zygo Corporation. Use of NewView in the improvement of sheet metal forming; Bausch & Lomb's use of the device in improving the diamond-turning process for making mold tools for lenses. INSET: How the NewView works..
- MINI COMPACT PRODUCTION INTERFEROMETER. // Quality;Feb2013, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p61
The article offers brief information on compact Mini interferometer from Zygo Corp.
- Symmetry improves interferometer. Wallace, John // Laser Focus World;Jul2000, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p24
Describes a simple diffractive grazing-incidence interferometer developed by Zygo Corp. which eliminates wavefront inversion in the measurement of hard-disk drive blanks and semiconductor wafers. Design of the interferometer; How the device works; Industrial applications of the device.
- First 3-D Interferometer. // R&D Magazine;Sep2002, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p32
Introduces the Simetra FTP, a three-dimensional scanning interferometer from Zygo Corp. Functions of the device; Developers of the device; Mechanics of the device.
- Numerous ways exist to interferometrically measure aspheres. WALLACE, JOHN // Laser Focus World;Nov2015, Vol. 51 Issue 11, p41
The article discusses several ways to interferometrically measure aspheric optics such as a Fizeau interferometer and an optical profiler containing an interferometer. Topics include the challenge of measuring aspheric surfaces or optical components on a standard laser interferometer, the...
- Appeals court rules for WYKO Corp. // Ceramic Industry;Jul96, Vol. 146 Issue 7, p13
Reports on a Court of Appeals ruling which reversed a patent infringement judgment on three Zygo Corp. patents in favor of WYKO Corp. Major product involved in the case.
- Lab mount couples laser diode to fiber. deGroot, Peter // Laser Focus World;Sept94, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p124
Reviews the fiberoptic laser mount designed by Zygo Corporation in Middlefield, Connecticut.
- Flying-height tool takes off. // R&D Magazine;Sep96, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p63
Features the Pegasus 2000, a system that accurately measures flying height from twenty nanometer all the way to disk contact from Zygo Corp. Annual maintenance costs; Hours the laser-diode light source of Pegasus 2000 lasts; Level of improvement in the result of testing over other tools.
- Foot in the door. // Curve (Australia);2011, Issue 35, p16
The article offers brief information on football boots from ZYGO Corp.