Understanding the Efficiency of Motors
- Dual Motor Control Eases Application Design. Murray, Aengus // Power Electronics Technology;Feb2007, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p40
The article discusses the use of dual motor control. According to the author, reductions in drive electronics are possible when a single controller manages dual motors, while advanced field-oriented control enables the use of compact permanent-magnet motors. The author has cited that the...
- VHC as synchronous motor needs no transformer. // Control Engineering;Jan2005, Vol. 52 Issue 1, pS18
Introduces the very high voltage Motoformer from ABB Ltd. Parts; Benefits.
- Integrated rotary joint mechanisms. // Manufacturers' Monthly;Sept2005, p54
Features Moog Components' integrated rotary joint mechanisms. Specifications; Design; Contact information.
- Bearing Current Problems: Causes, Symptoms, and Solutions. Schiferl, Rich; Melfi, Michael // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Sep2005, Vol. 104 Issue 9, p40
Focuses on choosing the best remediation method for bearing failures in electric motors and electric motor-driven equipment. Potential current paths in an installation; Background on across-the-line powered motors; Inverter-fed motor drive systems; Bearing currents resulting from common-mode...
- EC Motors Continue Gains in Industry. Powell, Peter // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;10/1/2007, Vol. 232 Issue 5, p20
The article discusses electronically commutated (EC) motors. According to a research done by Washington State University (WSU), EC motors were developed to deal with problems such as not having access to three-phase alternating current (AC) power, phase-shifting, and friction and wear problems...
- Electromechanical / Mechanical Devices. // ECN: Electronic Component News;Mar2004, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p20
Presents electromechanical and mechanical devices. PWM Amplifiers from Apex Microtechnology Corp.; Coded safety interlock from Scientific Technologies; Integrated motion control system from Lin Engineering.
- Transformer Secondary Conductors. Holt, Mike // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Feb2008, Vol. 107 Issue 2, p48
The article discusses the basic rules for the use of transformer secondary conductors. It offers details concerning outside transformer secondary conductors, transformer secondary conductors not over 10 Ft, transformer secondary conductors not over 25 Ft, and secondary conductors protected by...
- MEMS Switch MANAGES Millimeter-Wave Signals. YAN-QING ZHU; LEI HAN; JIE-YING TANG // Microwaves & RF;Nov2013, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p58
The article discusses the developments to high-frequency switches fabricated with micro-electromechanical-systems (MEMS) technology. The authors talk about the technology's capability to provide numerous benefits compared to conventional semiconductor switches. They tackle the two contact-type...
- ENERGY EFFICIENT MOTOR DRIVEN SYSTEMS. De Keulenaer, Hans // Energy & Environment;2004, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p873
The Motor Challenge Programme is a voluntary programme promoted by the European Commission to help companies improve the energy efficiency of their electric motor driven systems. The Challenge focuses on electric drives, compressed air, fan and pump systems, for which it has been demonstrated...