- Energy tax may not be thrilling, but it still offer hvacr hope. W.J. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;4/12/93, Vol. 188 Issue 15, p12
Editorial. Evaluates the benefits to the heating, ventilation, airconditioning and refrigeration (hvacr) industry of the federal energy taxes of President Bill Clinton's administration. Increase in the value of hvacr products; Taxation of heating oils with the same rate for other fuels;...
- An HVAC&R Tradition. Turner, Fred // ASHRAE Journal;Jan2004, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p5
Focuses on the relationship between the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers, Inc. and the International Air-Conditioning, Heating and Refrigerating Exposition (AHR Expo). Changes with the Expo since the first show in 1930 in Philadelphia; Role of the Expo...
- Additional compliance path proposed for Standard 90.1-2010. // Engineered Systems;Nov2012, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p50
The article reports on the proposed addendum to the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning (ASHRAE)/Illuminating Engineering Society of North America (EIS) energy standard in the U.S.
- Time to Throw in the Regional Standards Towel. Gargaro, Kyle // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;6/10/2013, Vol. 249 Issue 6, p27
The author discusses the impact of furnace standards on the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) industry.
- Get Out and Vote. Welsch, Butch // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;10/29/2012, Vol. 247 Issue 9, p22
The author reflects on the impact of the government's new regulations such as the R-22 and R-410a, which require the regionalization of efficiency requirements, on the heating and ventilation industry in the U.S.
- Equipment Sizing Limits. Escobar, Luis // IE3;Jul2014, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p12
The article presents changes to the ANSI/ACCA 2 Manual S - 2004 (Residential Equipment Selection) on proper residential heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment sizing in the U.S. Among the changes of the Manual S include enforceable language examples and details for nuances, 10 types...
- An Update on 2016 Regulations. SINE, SAMANTHA // Air Conditioning, Heating & Refrigeration News;1/23/2017, p11
The article reports on the three main issues which impacted most contractors and manufacturers and distributors and organizationsincluded the the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA's) Significant New Alternatives Policy (SNAP) and 92 percent mandate and regional standards enforcement....
- Wisconsin registers hvac contractors. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;4/10/95, Vol. 194 Issue 15, p1
Reports on the passage of a law that requires contractors who service heating, ventilation and air conditioning building equipment in Wisconsin to register with the state's Department of Labor, Industry and Human Relations. Filing of basic business information; Contact information.
- British Columbia government changes regulations for high-efficiency motors. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;3/13/95, Vol. 194 Issue 11, p36
Reports that the government of British Columbia has ruled that high-efficiency motors in heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (hvacr) equipment already covered by an existing minimum energy efficiency standard need not be replaced.