Mumbai Terror Incident Impacts Enterprises
- Empty Threats. Raxhimi, Altin // Transitions Online;2/10/2003, pN.PAG
Focuses on a series of bomb scares in Tirana high schools in Albania in January 2003. Action taken by the police regarding the bomb threats; Other establishment that received the threats; Difficulty in tracking the calls concerning the bomb threats.
- Bracing for terror. Blanche, Ed // Middle East;Nov2003, Issue 339, p22
The threat of terrorism is an ever present one in major towns and cities around the world and, tragically, another major incident may be only a matter of time away, according to international security forces. That is the situation facing the U.S., Europe and Israel as they brace for what many...
- Pakistan bombing: What now? // Asia Weekly;9/29/2008, Vol. 2 Issue 38, p11
The article reports on the suicide bombing at the Marriott Hotel in Islamabad, Pakistan. The bombing, which killed at least 60 people, is among the most serious and heinous terrorist attacks in recent history. Because of the increasing threats among Asian countries, leaders are helping each...
- Seven Rockets are Fired from Gaza Towards Southern Israel. // Israel Faxx;06/24/2013, Vol. 21 Issue 123W, p1
The article offers information related to a seven rocket fired by terrorists towards the Hof Ashkelon Regional Council and the Bnei Shimon Regional Council in Israel territory from the Gaza Strip.
- Terrorist activity. Martin, David M. // A to Z of Employment Practice;2004, p551
The article offers a guide for employers for dealing with terrorist threats in Great Britain. Most threats are made by telephone by disaffected employees or ex-employees. Receptionists and telephonists should be coached to deal with such calls. Receipt of a suspect package brings the potential...
- Insurgency-Related Violence in the North Caucasus Causes Over 50 Deaths Last Month. // Eurasia Daily Monitor;3/11/2011, Vol. 8 Issue 49, p3
The article reports on the rise of insurgency-related violence in North Caucasus in 2011. Kavkazsky Uzel reported that 59 people murdered due to insurgency-related violence in February and 66 people were injured in the violence in February. In addition, 22 bombings and other terrorist acts were...
- US Alerts Int'l Carriers about Potential Flight Threats. // India -- West;7/29/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 36, pA18
The article reports that the U.S. has alerted global carriers regarding possible terrorist attacks that implant bombs into people.
- Drug Gangs Deployed Against Mali. DeGroot, Douglas // Executive Intelligence Review;9/14/2012, Vol. 39 Issue 36, p26
The article presents information on the drug smuggling networks spanning around northern Mali. It reports that drug smuggling in northern Mali is the basis for threats from terrorist. It proposes the most vulnerable region in the nation which is likely to be attacked from northern Mali is...
- ACCORDION CAUSES BOMB SCARE. // Music Trades;Sep2012, Vol. 160 Issue 8, p32
The article reports that a suitcase of accordian prompted panic at the Owen Brown Interfaith Center in Columbia, Missouri, and set the local bomb squad into action.