SPECIAL REPORT GUARD COMPANY PROFILES
- Security Monitoring & Data Center Offers Integrated Services. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jan2010, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p24
The article features the G4S Monitoring and Data Center (MDC) of G4S Wackenhut, which offers remote-hosted services including access control system monitoring, visitor and gate management, and facilitate on-demand video playback.
- Officer, premises, investigative and office products. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Nov99, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p128
Presents a directory of security equipment companies in the United States as of November 1999. Includes BIG Enterprises Inc.; Morse Watchmans Inc.; Unitex Direct.
- JEFFREY STARR. SILVERBERG, DAVID // HS Today;May2009, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p56
The article features Jeffrey Starr, senior vice president of G4S Wackenhut. It is stated that G4S is the second largest corporation in the world, with contracts from various national governments. Starr worked in the nuclear black market buying loose nuclear material for the U.S. which brought...
- G4S Wackenhut Rebrands as G4S. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jun2010, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p32
The article reports that G4S Wackenhut Corp. changes its company name into G4S in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida.
- Tech-Armed Officers on Future's Watch. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Sep2009, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p42
The article focuses on the impact of technological innovations on security officers in 2009 in the U.S. There is a growing portion of the 1.5 million security officers in the country who are using high-tech devices. It states that it is challenging for small and big companies to arm their...
- Security Officers Firms. // Inside Tucson Business;11/30/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 26, p7
A chart is presented that lists security officers firms for 2009 including G4S Wachenhut, Blackstone Security Services Inc. and Frontier Asset Protection LLC.
- Military personnel excel in security careers. Lucas, Doug // Hudson Valley Business Journal;7/21/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 29, p5
The article reports on the qualifications of military personnel which made them ideal job candidates in the security industry in the U.S. Military personnel who return to the civilian work force, can be offered a very successful careers by the security industry. Since the security services...
- THIRD ANNUAL RANKING OF Top Guarding Firms. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Feb2006, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p54
The article ranks the largest security or guarding companies in the U.S. based on 2005 revenue. The number one company is Securitas North America with more than two million in revenues and 100,000 employees. It is followed by Wackenhut-Group 4 Securicor, AlliedBarton Security and Day and...
- Unitex Direct. Speer, Jordan K. // Apparel Magazine;May2011, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p39
This article presents a profile of Unitex Direct, an apparel company based in Walled Lake, Michigan. Unitex continues to introduce innovative garments. The company offers public safety apparel and accessories online via its website and occasionally via phone. Unitex credits its staff for the...