It's Good to be Single
- Preparing for the Inevitable Cyber-Attack. Jaeger, Jaclyn // Compliance Week;Apr2012, Vol. 9 Issue 99, p12
The article reports on the new threat to corporate networks, specifically the hackers equipped with detailed knowledge about the inner workings of the networks' security systems. Corporate vice president Scott Charney says companies need to improve basic hygiene such as designing systems that...
- A Future of Collaboration and Convergence. Barreto, Nelson // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Sep2013, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p104
The article offers the author's insights on the trends in access control systems among security enterprises. He states that security threats in the industry increased collaboration efforts among business enterprises, security providers, and responding authorities. He mentions that the increased...
- HACKERS CAN CRACK CAR-KEY CODES. // Consumer Reports;Jun2005, Vol. 70 Issue 6, p9
Discusses how security codes in car keys or wireless gas-payment tags can be hacked using an inexpensive homemade decoder. Way that the security systems rely on radio-frequency ID tags; Process that hackers use to gain security codes; Assertion within the automobile industry and at ExxonMobil...
- Sweet-Talking the C-Suite. Plante, Amber // Information Security;Sep2005, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p18
Presents social engineering guidelines to enhance the C-suite's attitude toward security. Use of pre-wired social responses to pull the discussion on one's favor; Importance of reciprocation.
- A Proposed Integrated Framework for Coordinating Computer Security Incident Response Team. Bhaskar, Rahul // Journal of Information Privacy & Security (Ivy League Publishing;2005, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p3
Traditionally, computer security incident response teams (CSIRT) are expected to respond to hacking incidents, rogue employees, or virus outbreaks. Recently, they are maturing into a critical tool for maintaining business operations, homeland security, and compliance with new regulations....
- SECURITY PART 1: STRATEGIES. Yager, Tom // InfoWorld;8/19/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 33, p1
Discusses the findings of a survey on security issues associated with information technology. Security threats posed by hackers; Types of security attacks; Amount allocated for security products and services; Kinds of security products used for information protection.
- Coalesce Model to Prevent Format String Attacks. Shekhar, Jayant; Yadav, Seema; Ahmad, Khaleel // International Journal of Computer Science Issues (IJCSI);May2011, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p427
Format string attacks cause serious security problems in the field of software security in computer world. Testing and implementation against to Format String vulnerabilities can avoid result due to working of Format String Bugs. In this paper, we have proposed eight novel approaches to prevent...
- Enterprise Security Strategy. Ali Pabrai, Uday O. // Certification Magazine;Nov2003, Vol. 5 Issue 11, p48
Offers tips on implementing an enterprise security strategy. Increase in hacker sophistication and speed of attacks; Ways to counter cyber crimes; Strategic objectives for business security.
- Surviving Hacker Attacks Proves that Every Cloud Has a SILVER LINING. Cheng, Kirby // Computers in Libraries;Mar2005, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p6
This article presents a narrative on how the author dealt with computer hackers. The first hacker attack occurred when I was a new administrator. Late at night, the campus Information Technology (IT) department's network monitoring system detected an unusually high volume of traffic originating...