Tracking People, Packages and Vehicles
- Technology Makes the Living Easy for Condo Residents. Esham, Meredith // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Feb2010, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p83
The article focuses on the works of The RADCO Cos. to address concerns regarding the security and access control system of The Met at Warner Center, the largest condominium community in San Fernando Valley, California. It says that RADCO, with Gemini Security, replaced the existing control...
- CENTRAL STATION SERVICES: Small Office 'Condo' Outsources Access Control Management. Engebretson, Joan // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Aug2009, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p86
The article offers information on the access control management system of an office condominium in Nashville, Tennessee. The development company selected the SecureDoor managed access control offering from ADS Security, a Nashville-based security company. The system at the condominium office...
- Multi-Tenant Housing Security: How Access Control and Video Fit Into Your Needs and Budget. Hodgson, Karyn // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Sep2013, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p94
The article focuses on the importance of access control and video system security technology in multi-tenant housing environments such as apartments and condominiums. It states that these technology are discretionary and requires more education. According to Thomas L. Norman, principal of...
- Access to Europe. // International Fire & Security Product News;Jun2003, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p10
Focuses on the growth of the European access control market. Value of the market; Effects of the European Working Time Directive on the demand for time and attendance-based systems; Factors behind the growth of the market.
- Five Minute Tech Quiz. Pollack, Roy // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Aug2012, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p117
A quiz concerning access control devices and security systems technology is presented.
- Tech Talk. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Sep2013, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p96
The article offers information on several options to consider when deciding what access control will be best suit the facility including the use of biometrics, key fobs, and smart cards.
- Managing access is a tricky, multilayer process. Stephenson, Peter // SC Magazine: For IT Security Professionals (15476693);Oct2014, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p39
The article looks at network access control, identity management, and data leakage prevention tools used in information security management and mentions topics such as prevention of unauthorized access, the need to tighten access control in modern large enterprise, and mobile device management.
- Electronic Access Control Systems: The Foundation of Your PSIM. Jensen, Joel // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jun2009, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p54
The article focuses on the use of electronic access control systems for physical security information management (PSIM). It highlights the consideration of the access control system in looking for the readiness in PSIM. It also indicates the things to be considered for the PSIM that include the...
- Creating Security's Strategic Plan. Scaglione, Bernard // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jun2010, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p44
The author provides tips on how to create a strategic security plan. He cites the importance of considering the important elements in a security plan and defining the responsibilities and functions of the company's security department and personnel. The author advises to create an identification...