A New Financial Language
- interest checklist. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1213
An encyclopedia entry for "interest checklist" is presented, which means to any evaluation approach used to identify a person's unique play, leisure, or work interests.
- SHOPPING LIST. // Entrepreneur;May2008, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p56
The article lists liquid crystal display (LCD) high definition televisions (HDTVs) including N3225w from Viewsonic Corp., Aquos Lc-37D44U from Sharp Electronics Corp. and LN46A650T from Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
- GLOSSARY. Fuller, Charlie // Major Unsolved Crimes;2003, p90
Presents the list of terms related to crime and detection with their definitions.
- Words to Know. // Junior Scholastic;1/4/2010, Vol. 112 Issue 9, p3
The article lists the definitions of words used in the "Junior Scholastic" journal which include health insurance, hero, and stimulus.
- mailing list. // Bloomsbury Business Library - Business & Management Dictionary;2007, p4524
A definition for the term mailing list is presented. It refers to the names and addresses of a particular group of people compiled for marketing purposes.
- A CLEAR PICTURE. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/26/2007, Vol. 137 Issue 47, p25
A list is presented of television stations which produce and broadcast local news programs and other non-sports programming in high definition television.
- Acronyms and abbreviations used in the text. // Safe Piped Water: Managing Microbial Water Quality in Piped Dist;1/1/2004, pxix
A list is presented enumerating the acronyms and abbreviations used in the book. The acronyms and abbreviations mentioned in the list includes, AIDS or acquired immune deficiency syndrome, AOC, which means assimilable organic carbon, and AWWA, which is spelled out as American Water Works...
- food exchange. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p892
A definition of the term "food exchange" which refers to a grouping of commonly used foods based on their similarities and composition in order to use those foods interchangeably in diet planning is presented.
- International Nonproprietary Names for Pharmaceutical Substances (INN). // WHO Drug Information;2007, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p53
A list of names selected as Recommended International Nonproprietary Names for pharmaceutical substances is presented. The names are in Latin, English, French, Spanish. They include abagovomabum, acidum iodofilticum, aclidinii bromidum, alferminogenum tadenovecum, and beperminogenum...