Top Authors, Imprints Carrying More Books
- Paperback Bestsellers/Trade. Maryles, Daisy // Publishers Weekly;10/8/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 40, p19
The article presents updates on authors and their paperback bestsellers in the book trade. Claire Messud, a two-time finalist for the PEN/Faulkner award, unfolds her third novel over the months leading up to September 11, 2001. Like the Energizer bunny, Kim Edwards's promotion for "The Memory...
- More Books, Fewer Imprints on Lists in 2008. // Book Publishing Report;Feb2009 Supplement, p1
The article reports on the lists of imprints that were included on the ranking of the bestseller lists across "New York Times," "USA Today," and "Publisher's Weekly" in the U.S. It depicts that 75.8% of the 2,277 total titles for 2008 were new titles and 12 of its top 50 titles were from new...
- The peak, the Man and the Mission. Akay, Haluk // Skipping Stones;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p17
The article presents information on Greg Mortenson, who along decided to climb K2, the second tallest peak in the world, in memory of his sister. Mortenson was unable to reach the summit because the group he was climbing with was forced to rescue an injured climber. Mortenson was lost in the...
- THE PUBLISHERS. // Book Publishing Report;8/13/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 32, p3
Ranks the publishers in New York, New York. HarperCollins as the number one in ranking; Number of bestseller titles; Duration of weeks the publisher dominate.
- Paperback Bestsellers/Trade. Donahue, Dick // Publishers Weekly;3/2/2009, Vol. 256 Issue 9, p15
This section offers news briefs related to the book industry in the U.S. Pakistan President Asif Ali Zadari will present the Sitara-e-Pakistan, the country's highest civil award, to Greg Mortenson for his courage and humanitarian effort. Sales for Scribner's "Slumdog Millionaire" movie tie-in...
- Indiana Love. Littell, Robert // New Republic;9/16/25, Vol. 44 Issue 563, p98
Presents the dialogue among publisher, business partner, critic and author. Observation of the manuscript of a book; Selection of book title; Book lists; Publication of a novel with spiritual fervor and reality with fantasy; Theme of the book; Failure of the publisher to generate a return of...
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD THE AGENTS. // Book Publishing Report;2/4/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p5
Presents a chart depicting bestseller agents in New York City. Rank of Fredrica S. Friedman; Number of book titles published; Popularity of the book.
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD: THE PUBLISHERS. // Book Publishing Report;4/29/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p4
Presents a chart depicting adult hardcover bestsellers of publishers in New York. Rank of publisher HarperCollins; Number of titles of publisher Penguin Putnam; Number of weeks of publisher Random House.
- Behind the bestsellers. Maryles, Daisy // Publishers Weekly;3/31/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 13, p18
Looks behind the scenes of the publishing of some of the bestselling books in the United States as of March 1997. Sales of `The Millionaire Next Door'; Bestsellers published by Broadway Books; `Fugitive Pieces,' Knopf's debut novel by a Canadian poet; Other news.