LIVESTOCK MANURE STINKS FOR INFANT HEALTH
- In response to mortality in preterm infants with respiratory distress syndrome treated with poractant alfa, calfactant or beractant: a retrospective study. Egan, E A // Journal of Perinatology;Feb2013, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p165
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "mortality in preterm infants with respiratory distress syndrome treated with poractant alfa, calfactant or beractant: a retrospective study" by Ramanathan and colleagues; response to the letter by Dr. Egan is also presented.
- Declining Perinatal Mortality in a Region of Finland, 1968-82. Piekkala, Paula; Erkkola, Risto; Kero, Pentti; Tenovuo, Arja; Sillanpää, Matti // American Journal of Public Health;Feb1985, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p156
Abstract: Perinatal mortality (PNM) in the catchment area of the University Central Hospital of Turku (UCHT). Finland, was investigated during a 15-year period from 1968 to 1982. During the study period, 82,151 babies were born. there were 531 fetal deaths and 505 cases of early neonatal death....
- Is there evidence for a mortality difference between natural surfactants? Cummings, J J // Journal of Perinatology;Feb2013, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p161
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Mortality in preterm infants with respiratory distress syndrome treated with poractant alfa, calfactant, or beractant: a retrospective study" by Ramanathan and colleagues; response from the author is also presented.
- Response to Dr Egan's letter. Ramanathan, R; Bhatia, J J; Sekar, K; Ernst, F R // Journal of Perinatology;Feb2013, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p166
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article â€œMortality in preterm infants with respiratory distress syndrome treated with poractant alfa, calfactant or beractant: a retrospective study,â€ by R Ramanathan, JJ Bhatia, K Sekar, and F R Ernst.
- Poractant Alfa Lowers Mortality in Neonatal Respiratory Distress Syndrome Patients. // RT: The Journal for Respiratory Care Practitioners;Oct2011, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p42
The article reports that poractant alfa (CUROSURFÂ®) from Cornerstone Therapeutics Inc. helps in reducing the mortality rate in neonatal respiratory distress syndrome's (RDS) treatment.
- Infant Mortality in the United States: Trends, Differentials, and Projections, 1950 through 2010. Singh, Gopal K.; Yu, Stella M. // American Journal of Public Health;Jul1995, Vol. 85 Issue 7, p957
Objectives. This study examined long-term trends and differences in infant mortality in the United States from 1950 through 1991 according to race and ethnicity, education, family income, and cause of death. Forecasts are made through the year 2010. Methods. Los-linear regression models were...
- THE INCREASING RACIAL DISPARITY IN INFANT MORTALITY: RESPIRATORY DISTRESS SYNDROME AND OTHER CAUSES. Frisbie, W. Parker; Song, Seung-Eun; Powers, Daniel A.; Street, Julie A. // Demography;Nov2004, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p773
Although substantial declines in infant mortality rates have occurred across racial/ethnic groups, there has been a marked increase in relative black-white disparity in the risk of infant death over the past two decades. The objective of our analysis was to gain insight into the reasons for this...
- Absolute Change in Cause-Specific Infant Mortality for Blacks and Whites in the US: 1983ï¿½2002. Powers, Daniel; Song, Seung-Eun // Population Research & Policy Review;Dec2009, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p817
This paper examines absolute change in infant mortality from 5 leading causes of death for whites and blacks over a 20 year period. Change in infant mortality varies by cause, race, and birth weight. Absolute decline in mortality from respiratory distress syndrome (RDS) and sudden infant death...
- Comparing effects of Beractant and Poractant alfa in decreasing mortality rate due to respiratory distress syndrome in premature infants. Saeidi, Reza; Hamedi, Abdolkarim; Robatsangi, Mahboobe Gholami; Javadi, Ali; Dinparvar, Shima // Tehran University Medical Journal;Feb2011, Vol. 68 Issue 11, p644
Background: Exogenous natural and synthetic surfactants is a rescue treatment for respiratory distress syndrome (RDS). The goals of the study were to compare the clinical response and side-effects of two frequently used surfactants, poractant alfa (Curosurf) and beractant (Survanta), for the...