Sony's PS3 Sales Beat Microsoft's Xbox 360
- PS4 pulls ahead of Xbox One in console marketing war. Joseph, Sebastian // Marketing Week (Online Edition);11/29/2013, p12
The article reports on the market performance of video game console Playstation 4 (PS4) of Sony versus Xbox One of Microsoft as of November 29, 2013. Based on the brand tracking data of communications agency Way to Blue, PS4 seems to have edged out Xbox One in Great Britain. It assesses...
- CLASH OF THE CONSOLES. Vella, Matt // Fortune;8/12/2013, Vol. 168 Issue 3, p21
The article presents a comparison of the Microsoft Xbox One video game console and the Sony PlayStation 4 video game console, both of which are scheduled to be released during the fall of 2013, comparing the Xbox's ability to act as a smart cable box to Sony's liberal game-sharing policies.
- Microsoft, Sony Face Off in the Battle for the Living Room. Hernandez, Pedro // eWeek;6/11/2013, p6
The article focuses on the rivalry between Japanese electronics manufacturer Sony Corp. and software developer Microsoft Corp. regarding next-generation video consoles. It mentions that PlayStation 4 (PS4) launched by Sony later in 2013 which cost $399 will undercut the price of Xbox One by...
- Building Your Own 4th Generation Console Clone. Pickavance, Mark // Micro Mart;10/17/2013, Issue 1282, p8
The article reviews the Xbox One 4th generation game console from Microsoft and the PS4 4th generation game console from Sony.
- PS3 SELLS 1M IN JAPAN. Latchem, John // Home Media Magazine;7/22/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 29, p42
The article reports that the PlayStation 3 (PS3) game console of Sony surpassed 1 million in unit sales about eight months after its launch in Japan. As of July 15, 2007, 1.01 million units of the PS3 have been sold in the country. Nintendo's Wii console reached 2.9 million in sales by July 8,...
- MICROSOFT DOES AN XBOX ONE-EIGHTY. // APC (Bauer Media Group);Aug2013, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p17
The article reports on the strategy used by Microsoft Corp. Xbox One to outpace the preorders of Sony Corp. PlayStation 4 (PS4). It mentions that Microsoft set itself on a full reverse course, region coding and performing the once-a-day check-in requirement. According to the sales chart rankings...
- Where Did My PC Go? WONG, BILL // Electronic Design;12/5/2013, Vol. 61 Issue 14, p72
The article offers brief information on video gaming consoles including the Microsoft XBox One from Microsoft Corp. and Sony PlayStation 4 from Sony Corp.
- Sony's. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;7/20/2015, pA02
The article reports that the sales of video game console, PlayStation 4 by conglomerate Sony surpassed that of Xbox One by technology firm Microsoft for June 2015, while the latter claimed otherwise and it gives a gist of movement of share prices of both companies.
- GAMERS ON WIl SPREE. Fritz, Ben // Daily Variety;3/19/2007, Vol. 294 Issue 56, p7
The article reports that Nintendo's video game console Wii is dominating the video game business in the United States and has sold 335,000 units in February as compared to the sales of 228,000 units of Microsoft's Xbox360 and 127,000 of Sony's PlayStation3. It is mentioned that Sony's low priced...