Roku Hits Play on Cash
- ROKU ADDS MLB STREAMS. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;8/17/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 33, p9
The article reports on the licensing deal reached by movie streaming set-top box manufacturer Roku Inc. with Major League Baseball which allows users to view on-demand repurposed streams of games for the entire season through October 2009. It discusses the streaming business of the Saratoga,...
- Evergrid raises $10 M series B funding. // Siliconindia;Jun2007, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p12
The article reports that data center software developer Evergrid has raised $10 million in its second round of funding led by Menlo Ventures in India. According to the author, the company has an interesting development model, which has two research and development centers, one in Pune and one in...
- Payments Startup Fuze Raises $1.2M. Johnson, Andrew // American Banker;2/23/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 29, p2
Brief information is given about the new payments company Fuze Network Inc. which raised $1.2 million in financing as of February 23, 2011.
- ROKU OFFERS NETFLIX UPGRADE. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;5/31/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 22, p26
The article reports on the launch of a new software that aims to enhance selection of digital video disc (DVD)/Blu-ray disc rentals and streaming of films and episodic television (TV) programming from Netflix by Roku in May 2010.
- ROKU TO BOW NETFLIX STREAMING CHANNEL. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;5/10/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p14
The article discuses plans by Roku to launch a channel for Netflix streaming in June 2010.
- Because who doesn't love a quiet revolutionary? Markowitz, Eric // Inc.;Dec2010/Jan2011, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p96
The article features entrepreneur Anthony Wood and his Saratoga, California-based company Roku, which streams Internet content like Netflix, Hulu Plus and Amazon Video into televisions.
- Local Venture Capitalists: $41M Last Year. Beighley, Dan // Orange County Business Journal;6/16/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p3
The article reports on investments made by venture capital firms based in Orange County, California into startups in 2007. Total 2007 venture funding in the region including money from outside the county came in at $433 million, according to Dow Jones and Co.'s Venturesource unit. The largest...
- Now here's a thought. Gilmore, Rowan // BRW;3/8/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p26
The article argues that more funds should be made available to assist businesses in Australia in converting ideas into a commercial reality. Also, Australian employees need to value ideas and the impact they have on their life, their workplace and their nation. Australia is only in the 18th...
- In-Game Commerce Gets $16.8M Boost. Lee, Michael // Red Herring;11/25/2008, p3
The article reports on funds raised by micro-transaction company PlaySpan in second round funding from returning investors Easton Capital Group, Menlo Ventures, Novel TMT Ventures, and STIC. PlaySpan provides a centralized way of paying for massively multiplayer online games. It reported that it...