Android Not Yet Good Enough?
- Apple shows the way but others may take the lead. Sandin, Jessica // New Media Age;12/10/2009, p21
The author talks about the emergence of various devices in the iPhone clone category based on open and more widely available operating systems.
- GAUGING ANDROID'S IMPACT. Boulton, Clint // eWeek;11/3/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 32, p36
The author reflects on the possible impact of the Android Mobile Operating system to smart phones. He argues that the iPhone from Apple Inc. was the tipping point and is the smart-phone standard, stressing that users like the iPhone in the way its hardware and software works. According to the...
- By The Numbers 123... // Wireless Week;11/1/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p25
The article presents statistics on global smart phone operating systems (OS) market share, mobile handset accessories, and Internet-connected mobile devices.
- critical testing criteria: Android handsets. Sturdevant, Cameron // eWeek;10/18/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 18, p46
The article focuses on the things that should be considered in evaluating smartphone handsets that are based from Android operating system. It says that there is a need to determine whether the handset run an Android version that enables policy management application programming interfaces...
- Mobile store lock-in. Garcia, Andrew // eWeek;6/15/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p36
In this article the author discusses that investment in Apple Inc.'s App Store holds him back from making the switch to an iPhone alternative in the U.S. He offers information on the best alternatives to the iPhone, including T-Mobile G1 with Google Inc. and the Palm Pre. He states that mobile...
- Where's my update? YATES, DARREN // Techlife Australia (Bauer Media Group);Sep2012 Tech Life, p102
The article reports on the availability of free updates for consumers in smartphones. Before installing an update, one has to identify the manufacturer of the phone and ensure that all of the phone's features will be compatible with the new operating system. It is stated that most users sign up...
- Asia's Top 1000 Brands: Smartphones. Bali, Vishal // Campaign Asia-Pacific;Jul2013, p96
The prolific up-take of smartphones across Asia-Pacific, and globally, has generated fierce competition among handset manufacturers. All are investing heavily in R&D in an effort to gain the edge on product functionality, and market expansion is also a key focus.
- COMPANIES LOOK TO CURB ENERGY APPETITES OF DEVICES. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;7/16/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 29, p15
The article offers suggestions that help in increasing the capacity of batteries of electronic devices in the U.S. It offers information on VirtualMetrix software, that helps in targeting the operating system of smartphones. It offers information on Snapdragon microchips that helps in running...
- WINDOWS OF OPPORTUNITY. Wood, Nick // Total Telecom+;Dec2012, p10
The article focuses on the dominance of operating system Android in the smartphone market in 2012. Android emerged in the market in terms of unit volumes. But according to Richard Windsor, founder of Radio Free Mobile, this trend is threatened by Microsoft's Windows Phone. Bengt Nordstrom, chief...