Quattro, Island Def Jam Connect on Mobile Ads
- Island takes fresh look at online store. // Music Week;6/5/2004, Issue 22, p9
Reports on the upgrade of the website and online store of Island Records Inc. in London, England. Promotion of download-only albums from its vault; Online access of merchandise; Promotion of the site as the real destination for music fans.
- Island 50. McEleny, Charlotte // New Media Age;3/26/2009, p38
The article reviews the web site of Island Records, available at island50.com.
- Island draws on Mika appeal. // Music Week;12/9/2006, Issue 49, p34
The article focuses on the promotion of musician Mika by Island Records. In preparation for the release of Mika's single "Grace Kelly," the record company is planning to unleash a series of bespoke animated films designed by the artist online to build awareness of him. The films will be...
- IDJ Reins In Digital Singles. Garrity, Brian // Billboard;2/25/2006, Vol. 118 Issue 8, p11
The article reports on the market success of the online music releases of Universal Music Group's Island Def Jam. The favorable sales online have threatened the compact disc's sales in retail stores. An anticipated album from Hawthorne Heights will not be available through iTunes or other...
- Blackwell steps in to realign Island. Newman, Melinda; Christman, Ed // Billboard;10/19/96, Vol. 108 Issue 42, p5
Reports on executive changes made within Polygram's Island Records U.S. in October 1996. The departure of John Barbis as president; The role of founder and chairman Chris Blackwell in overseeing Island; The offer made to Pat Monaco as senior VP/GM of Island; Other facts about the management of...
- Island floats Jamaica label. Lichtman, Irv // Billboard;1/28/95, Vol. 107 Issue 4, p102
Reports on the founding of Island Records Jamaica. Music artists with initial albums for release.
- April view: the future is coming very soon. // Interview;Apr2009, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p17
The article discusses reports published within the issue, such as one about the anniversary of the record label Island Records Inc.
- Island Def Jam elevates 4 execs. Conniff, Tamara // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/21/2002, Vol. 373 Issue 28, p8
Reports the reorganization of the executive department at Island Def Jam Music Group in California. Promotion of senior vice president of finance Matt Signore to chief financial officer; Selection of Mike Kyser to the position of vice president at Def Jam/Def Soul; Appointment of Randy Acker...
- Island's Africa Fete eyes more dates, new markets. Rosenblum, Trudi Miller // Billboard;1/14/95, Vol. 107 Issue 2, p1
Reports on plans by Island Records to expand its production of Africa Fete tours. Increased accessibility; 1994 lineup; Tour schedules and venues; Stephanie Keating as organizer for 1994; Ticket prices.