TechSpin: Will Microsoft Endorse "The Cloud"?
- Ballmer takes CEO reins amid rocky times at Microsoft. Berinato, Scott; Kerstetter, Jim // PC Week;01/17/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p1
Reports on the appointment of Steve Balmer as chief executive officer of Microsoft Corp. Job responsibilities; Reorganization of the company; Products planned for development and launching.
- Microsoft earnings soar. // BRW;5/5/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p81
Reports on the financial performance of Microsoft Corp. for the third-quarter of 2005. Sales expectation.
- Microsoft Q4: Higher Sales, Lower Earnings. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;2/12/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p49
The article reports on the record revenue of $12.5 billion posted by Microsoft Corp. for the quarter, ended December 31, 2006. a six percent increase from $11.8 billion over the same period of the prior year. The operating income for the quarter has declined compared to the same quarter in the...
- SOME EXITS OF NOTE OF 2007. // Practical Accountant;Dec2007 The Year Ahead, Vol. 40, p21
The article reports on accounting software companies in the U.S. who experienced changes in their CEO seat. Steve Bennett as CEO of Intuit Inc. brought significant change to the company's approach in promoting its leading products such as QuickBooks and TurboTax. Doug Burgum, former president of...
- ACCOUNTING NEWS. // Accounting Technology;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p12
The article presents news related to accounting of computer software industries. Microsoft Corp. has restated the revenue and operating losses for the September 2003 quarter reported for Microsoft Business Solutions. Rene Stockner, who managed the introduction of Navision software in the United...
- Analysts: Nadella A Good Pick For Microsoft. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;2/17/2014, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p8
The article announces the appointments of Satya Nadella as chief executive officer (CEO), and John Thompson, former CEO of computer security provider Symantec, as chairman of software developer Microsoft Corp.
- Microsoft, Windows 9 and Where Next? Crookes, David // Micro Mart;2/20/2014, Issue 1299, p6
The article explores the issues facing computer software company Microsoft. It includes the impact of the appointment of Satya Nadella as the new chief executive officer (CEO), the rumor on the possible launch of the operating system Windows 9 after its predecessor Windows 8 failed to reach...
- Bloggers "R" Microsoft? Foley, Mary Jo // Australian Personal Computer;Oct2004, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p22
This article reports that Microsoft Corp.â€” in spite of being the world's largest software company â€” has been lagging behind major technology trends. Microsoft techno-watcher to convince the company's top brass that it was about to miss the boat. Only then did Gates and/or CEO Steve...
- NOT JUST BLUSTER. Clancy, Heather // CRN;7/5/2004, Issue 1103, p24
Comments on Microsoft executive Steve Ballmer. Reason why Ballmer is a favorite high-technology CEO interview subject; Total amount in efficiency improvement and cost reduction earmarked by Ballmer for fiscal 2005; His decision to sign up for Microsoft's independent software vendor Buddy program.