PSP Screens Bring Complaints
- PS3 Gets a Sales Boost. Gaudiosi, John // Home Media Magazine;7/29/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 30, p6
The article reports on the marketability of PlayStation 3 game consoles (PS3) from Sony. Sales at 5 major retail stores increased by more than 135 percent following a price decrease. As of July 2007, PlayStation hardware and software sales increased by 161 and 60 percent, respectively. June...
- THE MOBILE POTATO. J. T. // Fast Company;Apr2006, Issue 104, p106
The article evaluates the Sony PSP from Sony Corp. and offers information on its benefits and disadvantages.
- PlayStation3 to get March bow o'seas. Fritz, Ben // Daily Variety;1/26/2007, Vol. 294 Issue 21, p7
The article reports on Sony's confirmation that it will launch its PlayStation 3 (PS3) video game console in Europe, Asia, Africa and Australia on March 23, 2007. About two million PS3s were shipped to North America and Japan from November through mid-January. However, Sony had to delay the...
- PS3s at Launch: 400,000. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Retailing;9/17/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 39, p12
The article reports on the plans of Sony to launch 400,000 of PlayStation 3 consoles in the U.S. on November 17, 2006. The company also plans to air-freight an additional 800,000 PlayStation 3 consoles to the U.S. by the end of 2006. Sony expects to increase its PlayStation output to the U.S. to...
- Dreamcast versus PlayStation 2. DeBeasi, Ryan // Teen Ink;May2001, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p39
The article evaluates two video game consoles, the Sega Dreamcast from Sega and the Play Station 2 from Sony.
- Sony Drops PS2 Price. Lee, Michael // Red Herring;3/31/2009, p1
The article reports on the decision of Sony to reduce the price of the PlayStation 2 (PS2) video game consoles from $130 to $100 in North America. Sony has also dismissed rumors of a price reduction for the PS3. The PS2 which Sony has been selling for nine years now, remains the top-selling...
- Sony Faces PS3 Launch Challenges Internationally. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;3/4/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p10
The article focuses on some of the challenges faced by Sony Corp. regarding the international launch of its PlayStation 3 (PS3) video game console. Aside from the delayed March 23, 2007 release of the console in Europe, some reports claimed that this edition was incompatible with most games made...
- Pocket Rocket. Shu, Les // Men's Fitness;Apr2005, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p60
The article reviews the Sony PlayStation Portable video game console and provides information on its multimedia capabilities.
- Sony Abandons 20GB PS3. Gaudiosi, John // Home Media Magazine;4/15/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 15, p1
The article reports on the decision of Sony to discontinue selling its $500 PlayStation 3 console because of retailer demand. According to Sony spokesman Dave Karraker, consumers prefer the $600 PlayStation 3 console, which comes with Wi-Fi, a 60-gigabyte (GB) hard drive and a wireless remote...