Amazon Delivers Bleak Retail Forecast
- The Euro to the Rescue. Warner, Melanie // Fortune;2/18/2002, Vol. 145 Issue 4, p30
Focuses on the finances of Internet retail company Amazon. Profits for the fourth quarter of 2001; How the weak valuation of the euro reduced Amazon's interests payments; Outlook for future profits at the company.
- AMAZON: Retailer, or Parcel Provider? Jindel, Satish // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);1/23/2012, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p30
In the article, the author discusses the various issues involving online retailer Amazon.com. He claims that Amazon.com has revolutionized the online retail sector, which also affected the retail industry as well as the transport and logistics businesses serving it. He cites the forecast by...
- Amazon Swings Into Red in Q2 as Fire Spreads. // Book Publishing Report;Aug2013, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p11
The article discusses the sales of online retailer Amazon in the second quarter (Q2) of 2013. It states that the companies Q2 sales has increased by 22 percent to 15.7 billion but indicated a net loss of $7 million in Q2 compared to the net income in Q2 2012 which was $7 million. It also...
- Amazon Margins Squeezed; Shares Skid. // Red Herring;1/30/2008, p1
The article reports on the decline in profits of Internet retailer Amazon.com in its fourth-quarter 2007 results. The company's gross profit margin fell to 20.6 percent from 21.3 percent in 2006 and 23.4 percent in the 2007 third quarter. The decline in profit margins is attributed to the...
- LEADING COMPANIES. // Online Retail Industry Profile: Asia-Pacific;Jun2012, p17
The article profiles several leading online retail companies including Amazon.com Inc., Apple Inc., and Wal-Mart Stores Inc. An overview of the companies are given, along with key facts including contact information,website and headquarters. Key metrics are provided which includes revenues,...
- PROPERTY: Occupiers set to face higher rents. // Corporate Adviser (Online Edition);2/3/2011, p35
The article reports that the company Jones Lang LaSalle has made predictions related to properties in 2011. Prediction reveals that the distribution centers are facing reduction in tenant's inducement packages. This reduction is due to the slow development of speculative warehousing in the last...
- First profit for Amazon. // BRW;1/31/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p15
Reports on United States-based online retailer Amazon.com Inc.'s profits for the three months ended December 31, 2001.
- By the book. Gliddon, Joshua // Bulletin with Newsweek;2/5/2002, Vol. 120 Issue 6310, p33
Comments on Internet company Amazon.com's announcement that it will return a profit in the fourth quarter of 2001. Accounting methods; Factors behind the firm's profitability; Other growth targets and strategies.
- Amazon.com's New Strategy: Pursuing Profits, Even If It Means Slower Growth. // Book Publishing Report;02/05/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p1
Focuses on the strategy utilized by Internet company Amazon.Com Inc. in improving its profitability. Laying off of several employees as part of the company's cost reduction initiative; Scaling back of company operations; Financial projections of the company in 2001.