Report: PS2 Rules Japan for Lifetime Sales
- A PS3 for half a 'G' S. E. // Sporting News;5/26/2006, Vol. 230 Issue 21, p5
The article focuses on the launch of PlayStation 3 video game console by Sony Corp. The game console goes on sale for $499 with a larger hard drive. The base PS3 will be $200 more than both the base Xbox 360 system and the PS2's original price. Microsoft Corp. also is launching its products in...
- ReWiNd. PReSS PLay. // Stuff;May2011, Issue 146, p99
The article evaluates several video game consoles including Sega Master System from Sega Corp., Playstation from Sony Corp., and Xbox from Microsoft Corp.
- Standing Ovation. Duerson, Adam // Sports Illustrated;12/18/2006, Vol. 105 Issue 25, p44
This article describes some of the features that make Nintendo's Wii a better buy than Sony's PlayStation 3 or Microsoft's Xbox 360. The Wii is unique because of its interactive, wireless, motion-sensitive controllers. Nintendo's video game system allows the players to make movements that are...
- Where For Art Thou, Gamers? Ball, Ryan // Animation;Jun2006, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p10
The article reports that the video gamers' anticipation for the release of PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and Nintendo Revolution is driving video game sales slump in the United States. Harmonix Music Systems senior designer Rob Kay, says Nintendo has demonstrated a commitment to changing the way...
- The Control Room. Shu, Les // Men's Fitness;Apr2005, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p64
The article evaluates several video game equipment, including Namco Taiko Drum Master for Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) video game console, Logitech Driving Force Pro for PS2, Konami Dance Dance Revolution Extreme for PS2, Cateye GameBike for Nintendo GameCube and Microsoft Xbox video game consoles...
- PS3 Upping Its Game. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;7/1/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 26, p6
The article reports that as many as 380 new PlayStation 3 (PS3) games, in stores and online, will be available to gamers by the end of 2007. The game console's manufacturer Sony Corp. announced the plan because of the tough competition with other game consoles. According to market research firm...
- CLASH OF THE CONSOLES. Vella, Matt // Fortune;8/12/2013, Vol. 168 Issue 3, p21
The article presents a comparison of the Microsoft Xbox One video game console and the Sony PlayStation 4 video game console, both of which are scheduled to be released during the fall of 2013, comparing the Xbox's ability to act as a smart cable box to Sony's liberal game-sharing policies.
- Building Your Own 4th Generation Console Clone. Pickavance, Mark // Micro Mart;10/17/2013, Issue 1282, p8
The article reviews the Xbox One 4th generation game console from Microsoft and the PS4 4th generation game console from Sony.
- Where Did My PC Go? WONG, BILL // Electronic Design;12/5/2013, Vol. 61 Issue 14, p72
The article offers brief information on video gaming consoles including the Microsoft XBox One from Microsoft Corp. and Sony PlayStation 4 from Sony Corp.