- September Sales Yield Optimism for Holiday Season. Tierney, Jim // Multichannel Merchant Exclusive Insight;10/4/2012, p3
The article reports that retail sales in the U.S. have risen in September 2012. Overall retail sales have risen by 3.9 percent during the month, but have remained lower than the 6.4 percent increase recorded in September 2011. The Associated Press has revealed that, despite the lower...
- MARKET MOVERS. // Emerging Markets Monitor;8/8/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 17, p1
Presents updates on issues related to finance as of August 8, 2005. Status of debt trading of emerging markets; Impact of a weak U.S. retail sales and high oil prices on the global stock market.
- Reacting to Slow Sales. Gordman, Robert // Chain Store Age;Dec2007, Vol. 83 Issue 12, p174
The article focuses on trends in retail sales in the U.S. in October 2007. For most retailers, the month's sales were somewhat softer than in previous months. The reasons behind this include weather, sub-prime loans, declining home values, the stock market, the crisis in Pakistan, and others. In...
- Events this month. // Money (Australia Edition);Oct2011, Issue 139, p85
The article offers information on events pertaining to the Australian stock market in the month of October 2011, including the Reserve Bank meeting, annual meeting season for June year-end companies, and retailers' report on September-quarter sales numbers.
- Untitled. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/14/1994, Vol. 167 Issue 30, p4
Presents retail industry stock market statistics for the week ending February 11, 1994. Department stores; Discounters; Off-price retailers; Apparel specialty stores; Apparel manufacturers; Textile mills.
- WWD stock market index for January 7. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/8/1999, Vol. 177 Issue 5, p2
Presents `Women's Wear Daily's stock market index for the retail industry for the period ending January 7, 1998.
- WWD stock market index for February 2. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/3/1999, Vol. 177 Issue 22, p2
Presents data reflecting the stock market index for the retail industry as of February 2, 1999.
- Retail holiday over. // BRW;4/22/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 15, p56
The article reports that the retail sector in Australia is showing signs of decrease in revenues as evident in the underperformance of retailers in the stock market.
- Some retailers are perpetual winners. // Furniture/Today;8/15/2011, Vol. 35 Issue 47, p2
The article offers the author's insights on some retailers who can be considered as perpetual winners despite the rollercoaster of the stock market in 2011.