Cobalt Biofuels Grabs $25M
- Hoping to be touched by an angel. Taber // Business News New Jersey;10/18/99, Vol. 12 Issue 38, Financing your business.. p14
Deals with the concept called angel financing. Amount of money that comes from an individual or group who for whatever reason likes the idea or the person; Business version of the `Hail-Mary pass' in football; Importance of getting word out to as many people as possible.
- Shakeout + 3 Pattern Provides Lower Entry For Certain Bases. JUAN CARLOS ARANCIBIA // Investors Business Daily;6/12/2014, pB03
The double-bottom base, a key chart pattern for growth investors, has a cousin that features a lower buy point than its better-known relative.
- Financings Roundup. // BioWorld Today;12/21/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 247, p3
The article reports on the completion of a private placement financing by Cogentus Pharmaceuticals Inc. The financing was able to raise $62.5 million which will be used to support development of its antiplatelet therapy CGT-2168. The transaction was led by the Keffi Group, with participation...
- Dot.com hangover: tech execs' loans. Johnsson, Julie // Crain's Chicago Business;5/27/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 21, p3
Reports the consequences faced by technology companies from investors for providing loans to executives in Chicago, Illinois. Failure of the companies to collect overdue interest and principal payments; Discussion on the lending deal established by the software company Divine Inc.; View of...
- Confidence in China on the rise. Akhtar, Tanzeel // Fund Strategy;11/19/2012, p17
The article reports that according to the latest Bank of America Merrill Lynch fund manager survey, global fund managers' confidence in the Chinese economy has reached a three-year high. The November survey also found a net 34 per cent of the panel think the world economy will strengthen in the...
- PREDICTING FINANCIAL DISTRESS. Hall, Steven C. // Journal of Financial Service Professionals;May2002, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p12
In lights of high-profile corporate bankruptcies, it seems an appropriate time to review predictors of financial distress. It is important for investors, investment advisers and investment managers to spot those firms that are headed for financial difficulty. The formal declaration in financial...
- Checking the operational pulse. Hasenfuss, Marc // Finance Week;Mar2003 Supplement, p18
Discusses the effectiveness of using earnings before interest, taxation, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) as a measure of company growth performance. Use of EBITDA to show a company's operational cash profits; Reason for investors' interest in a company's EBITDA.
- Dividends Matter Again. Flaherty, Robert J. // Equities;Jul-Dec2003, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p12
Reports on the conduction of several meetings by Gabelli Assessment Management to discuss the topics that impact investor strategy in the U.S. Role of dividends in investing returns; Introduction of a proposal for the complete elimination of taxation of dividends; Impact of dividend legislation...
- Emerging markets issuers forced to find funds locally. Iyer, Savita // Investment Dealers' Digest;09/20/99, Vol. 65 Issue 37, p9
Reports that projects in Chile requiring funding will likely opt for local bond issues due to the unwillingness of international investors to commit capital to emerging markets. Chilean pension funds active in the local market; Nature of project financing; Viability of long-term bonds; Inherent...