Yahoo Misses Street, Cuts Jobs
- Weak Financials, Layoffs: Yahoo! Sadighi, Lalee // Red Herring;10/20/2008, p1
The article presents an outlook on the financial performance of search engine Yahoo in the third quarter of 2008. Analysts forecast that Yahoo will report a net income of $127.4 million on a revenue of $1.37 billion for the quarter. Such outlook is associated with reports of planned layoffs,...
- REPORT: GOOGLE, YAHOO ADVERTISE ON PIRACY SITES. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;1/7/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p8
The article reports that search engine firms Google and Yahoo were among the top 10 online ad networks that advertise on Web sites that offer pirated content based on a University of Southern California (USC) Annenberg Lab Advertising Transparency Report.
- LOST IN CYBERSPACE. Koplowitz, H. B. // Link-Up;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p3
Evaluates the capabilities of search engines used by various search portals or Web sites by searching for the Lost in Cyberspace (LIC) Web site. Problem with search portals; How search engines operate; LIC-related Web sites found by Yahoo!'s Google search engine; Sites that made it to the...
- Six reasons to stick with Google. // Dow Theory Forecasts;12/23/2013, Vol. 69 Issue 51, p8
The article discusses the financial performance of Internet and web search engine company Google Inc. from 2009 to 2013 and offers information on its advertising revenues, stock valuation and share at the search market in the U.S.
- Internet SEARCH ENGINE Update. Notess, Greg R. // Online;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p18
Presents updates concerning search engines, as of September 2002. Claim of AllTheWeb that it has increased the size of its database; Promotion of a fee-based Google Answers service by Google on its regular Google results; Launch of the Lycos Search 6.0 software of Lycos Inc.
- Smaller search engines try to find a place. // Secured Lender;Sep/Oct2006, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p100
The article offers information on search engine Prefound.com developed by Steve Mansfield. Users contribute to the search engine by submitting clusters of Web sites. The incorporation of social search into Yahoo and Google is discussed. Social search lets users decide and it is less open to...
- The Search For a Rival. Manjoo, Farhad // Time International (South Pacific Edition);9/7/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 9, p30
The article discusses the company Google's ability to remain as the top search engine given that its competitors, Microsoft and Yahoo!, agreed to work together to create another search engine called Bing. The software company Microsoft is Google's most pressing problem, according to the article....
- Revving the engines. // New Media Age;3/18/2010, p32
The article focuses on the search engine market share in the U.S., France, Germany, Japan, and Great Britain. The European Commission and U.S. Department of Justice approved the proposed search deal by Microsoft Inc. and Yahoo to allow them to compete against Google. Graphs prepared by Efficient...
- Bar-Hopping: Searching on the Desktop. Levack, Kinley // EContent;Oct2002, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p6
Presents downloadable search toolbar offered by different search engines. Yahoo! Companion toolbar; Google's Toolbar; Ask Jeeves toolbar; Teoma Toolbar.