Malaysian Firm Funds Synthetic Genomics
- Tanzania, Singapore's NBS signed a US$ 111 million joint-venture agreement to establish oil palm farm, processing plant. // African Business News;9/9/2013, p34
The article reports that Tanzania's National Development Corp. (NDC) and Naval Bharat Pte of Singapore (NBS) has signed a 111 million dollar joint-venture agreement to establish an oil palm farm and processing plant in Kisarawe District, Coast Region, Tanzania.
- Biotech Launches Subsidiary to Produce Cloned Synthetic DNA. Keshavan, Meghana // San Diego Business Journal;3/4/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p5
The article offers information on various topics related to pharmaceutical companies in San Diego, California, such as the launch of SGI-DNA subsidiary by Synthetic Genomics Inc., and the plans of Sophiris Bio Inc. and Ambit Biosciences Inc. to raise their initial public offerings.
- Life Tech Invests in Venter Enterprise, Buys Another. Chambers, Heather // San Diego Business Journal;6/7/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 23, p9
The article reports on the equity investment made by Life Technologies Corp. to Synthetic Genomics Inc. in San Diego, California.
- Avoca Signs Astaxanthin Supply Agreement. // Nutraceuticals World;Sep2014, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p22
The article reports on the supply agreement established by botanical extraction company Avoca Inc. with genomic-driven solutions and products developer Synthetic Genomics Inc., for the extraction and commercialization of natural astaxanthin.
- Monsanto Makes Deals With Synthetic Genomics. KESHAVAN, MEGHANA // San Diego Business Journal;2/11/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p1
The article reports that the biotechnology corporation Monsanto Co. has acquired several assets of the biotechnology company Synthetic Genomics Inc.
- Genomic factories on the horizon. // R&D Magazine;Aug2005, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p39
Reports on a project announced by researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge, the J. Craig Venter Institute in Rockville, Maryland and the Center for Strategic and International Studies in Washington, D.C. that will examine the societal implications of synthetic...
- S.D. Called Tops for Creating Tools for Use in Genomics. MEILING, BRITTANY // San Diego Business Journal;1/4/2016, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p18
The article reports on the performance of genomics industry in San Diego, California as of January 2016, highlighting the contributions of several industry leaders including pioneering geneticist and serial entrepreneur J. Craig Venter, Synthetic Genomics Inc. and Human Longevity Inc.
- Cargill Joins in Palm Oil Refinery Project. // Chemical Market Reporter;3/15/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 11, p19
Reports on the formation of a joint venture agreement by Cargill Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. with Assar Refinery Holdings Sdn. Bhd. and the Sarawak Land Consolidation and Rehabilitation Authority for the development and construction of a palm oil refinery at the port of Senari in Kuching, Sarawal. ...
- MAJOR ALGAE OIL DEVELOPERS SET NEW START. Brooks, Bob // Automotive Industries;May2013, Vol. 193 Issue 3, p41
The article reports on the move by ExxonMobil (EM) and Synthetic Genomics Inc. (SGI) to start a basic science research for genetically modified (GM) algae oil. The move came after the two firms ended their joint 3-year project to develop oil from natural algae. Earlier, an SGI spokesperson...