Weak Financials, Layoffs: Yahoo!
- Untitled. Ashford, Warwick // Computer Weekly;2/2/2010, p74
The article reports on an announcement by Yahoo! Inc. regarding its best quarterly financial results. Revenues were up 10% on the previous quarter although 1.73bn dollars for the fourth quarter of 2009 were 4% down on the previous year. According to Yahoo, restructuring charges of 40m dollars...
- No charm in Q3. Bond, Paul // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;9/26/2006, Vol. 396 Issue 15, p15
The article reports that executives at Yahoo! Inc. have said that the company's revenue in the third quarter of its current financial year is likely to be below expectations. The announcement was made in the week preceding September 26, 2006. According to the company, weak advertising revenue...
- Twittering about layoffs. Perelman, Deb // eWeek;2/18/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p6
The article reports on the dismissal of 1,000 employees at Yahoo! Inc. on February 13, 2008 in the U.S. Company officials would not give information on which departments and offices had their head counts slashed. One laid-off employee used Twitter, a microblogging service, to dispatch snippets...
- Local search services create fast returns. Martinez, Juan // Direct Marketing News;3/1/2011, p20
The article reports on the significance of local store sales on multichannel retailers in the U.S. in 2011. According to Sucharita Mulpuru, vice president and principal analyst at Forrester Research Inc., local stores played a crucial role on the improvement of retailers' profits because of...
- Google makes H'wood debut. Fritz, Ben // Daily Variety;1/25/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 20, p1
Reports that Google Inc. is launching a new service it hopes will eventually put all television shows and movies online and accessible via a Web search. Need of the company to entice partners with marketing exposure and ancillary revenue; Plans of Google to provide text-based advertisements or...
- Revved up. Bond, Paul // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/24/2006, Vol. 396 Issue 35, p15
The article reports that Google Inc. and Yahoo! Inc. reported their quarterly earnings in the week preceding October 24, 2006. As a result of the announcement of the earnings, Google's shares rose while those of Yahoo! declined. Last month 2.83 billion searches in the U.S. were handled by...
- Site quality issues push down Yahoo's share of UK search spend. Cooper, Will // New Media Age;1/21/2010, p07
The article reports on the decline of Yahoo's share of the British search engine market which is valued at 3 billion British pounds as of January 2010.
- Getting off the Beaten Track: Specialized Web Search Engines. Sullivan, Danny // Searcher;Oct98, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p49
Presents information on specialized Web search engines in the United States. How to create a specialty search engine; Details on domain filtering, a process of localizing a general Web-index; Comparison between the custom crawling and domain filtering; Features of Yahoo!.
- Catching the net's monster wave. Simons, John // U.S. News & World Report;2/12/96, Vol. 120 Issue 6, p54
Focuses on a World Wide Web site called Yahoo which serves as a digital card catalog for the Internet. How it helps millions of Web surfers locate the information they need; Popularity of Yahoo that has attracted a slew of investors; Mounting competition Yahoo faces.