Midway Sheds Casual, Predicts Loss
- Vidgame sales disappoint. Fritz, Ben // Daily Variety;11/2/2007, Vol. 297 Issue 25, p5
The article reports on the disappointing financial performance of video game publishers in 2007 in the U.S. During the third quarter, Electronic Arts Inc. posted an 18% decline in revenues from the same quarter last year and net loss of $195 million. THQ Inc.'s net sales also fell from $240.2...
- MIDWAY TAKES ON THE BIG GUNS. Meyer, Gregory // Crain's Chicago Business;11/27/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 48, p4
The article reports that video-game publisher Midway Games Inc. is positioning to compete industry giants for a market share as new video consoles like the PlayStation 3 and Wii are launched into the market. Any growth is meaningful for the Chicago, Illinois-based company that has posted six...
- Midway Partnering With Hollywood. Gaudiosi, John // Video Store Magazine;8/17/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 34, p11
Reports on the partnership of Midway Games Inc. with Hollywood talent. Number of units sold by the game Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance; Increase in development costs for games; Information on the game "ESPionage."
- GAME BRIEFS. Shinoda, Lyndsey // Video Store Magazine;4/18/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 16, p10
Presents news briefs on the video game industry as of April 2004. Number of shares to be sold by Midway Games Inc.; Partnership between Atari Inc. and Universal Motown Records.
- Zapping bad guys is good biz for video games maker. Borden, Jeff // Crain's Chicago Business;12/9/96, Vol. 19 Issue 50, p4
Reports that investors in Chicago, Illinois, are waiting to see if Midway Company can duplicate the success of the video game Mortal Combat by increasing earnings that have been weighed down by higher administrative, marketing and research and development costs. Success of the video game Mortal...
- BLACKSITE AREA 51. James, Dave // Australian PC User;Mar2008, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p105
The article reviews the videogame Blacksite Area 51 from Midway.
- Cook crowns Midway's vidgame focus. Elkin, Tobi // Brandweek;03/16/98, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p43
Looks at the strategic effort of Corsicana, Texas-based videogame provider Midway Home Entertainment Marketing Director Paula Cook around five of company's 15 videogame titles. List of the videogames; Other activities of Midway.
- Getting down and dirty. Elkin, Seth // Sporting News;12/2/2005, Vol. 229 Issue 48, p10
The article reports that when the National Football League entered an exclusive deal with EA Sports, it left video game makers such as Midway Games Inc. to explore football on their own terms. Blitz is a story-driven game about an 8-on-8 football league in which vicious hits are rewarded with...
- Toon net plays kidvid with Midway. Fritz, Ben // Daily Variety;2/16/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 37, p4
This article reports that Sumner Redstone's Midway Games Inc., has made its first foray into Hollywood licensing, signing a deal to make vidgames based on several Cartoon Network shows. Deal calls for Midway to create games based on three of the cable net's kids programs, "Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy."...