IBM Gears for War With Cisco
- peersay. // Network World;4/22/2013, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p4
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in this issue including "Skepticism follows Cisco-IBM led OpenDaylight SDN consortium" and "OpenStack grows up: But is it grown-up enough for enterprise IT?" and it also presents several information technology related issues...
- Questionable terms. Cringely, Robert X. // InfoWorld;7/08/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 27, p10
Discusses various issues on the information technology industry. Difference between the companies EMC and BMC; Speculations on the move of Cisco toward telecommunication operations; Treatment of the employees acquired from AT&T by IBM.
- THE WEEK IN IT. // Computer Weekly;10/22/2013, p2
The article presents information technology (IT) news briefs for the week of October 22, 2013. International Business Machines (IBM) plans to purchase financial fraud protection firm Trusteer in order to expand its cloud computing sector. Computer networking company Cisco announced layoffs of...
- Don't fear the fog, Cisco and IBM insist. PATRICK SEITZ // Investors Business Daily;12/5/2014, p00
You've heard of the cloud. Now brace yourself for "the fog"!
- CHINA INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY. // Acquisdata Industry SnapShot: China - IT;8/13/2014, Issue 1755, preceding p1
The report on the information technology industry of China noting Shanghai Wind Information Co. Ltd.'s selection of multinational International Business Machines Corp. for cloud service, deployment of commercial LTE TDD 8T8R AAU and overviews on leading companies in August 2014 is presented.
- Google grabs 1 million phone numbers for Google Voice. // Network World;6/29/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 22, p12
The article offers news briefs regarding the information technology (IT) industry in the U.S. Google Inc. has reserved one million phone numbers with level three for its coming Google Voice service. International Business Machines Corp. (IBM) debuted its new high-performance services to...
- Cisco Aims at Microsoft, IBM Turf. Medford, Cassimir // Red Herring;9/24/2008, p2
This article reports that the new strategic goals unveiled by San Jose, California-based networking giant Cisco puts it on a collision course with Microsoft and International Business Machines (IBM). The company plans to embed enough functionality into the network to challenge the status quo. A...
- In Brief. // Network World;8/27/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 33, p10
The article offers news briefs related to information technology in the U.S. International Business Machines Corp. (IBM) acquired WebDialogs thereby expanding its Sametime on-premise presence and conferencing platform. The acquisition prompted the company to compete against Cisco and Microsoft,...
- IBM, Cisco to extend grids. Burt, Jeffrey // eWeek;5/5/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p27
Reports that IBM Corp. has enlisted help from San Jose, California-based networking vendor Cisco Systems Inc. and several other companies to encourage grid computing among businesses. Features of the grid computing; Several products to be developed by Cisco along with IBM; Information related...