Even Silicon Valley Gets the Blues
- Local Venture Capitalists: $41M Last Year. Beighley, Dan // Orange County Business Journal;6/16/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p3
The article reports on investments made by venture capital firms based in Orange County, California into startups in 2007. Total 2007 venture funding in the region including money from outside the county came in at $433 million, according to Dow Jones and Co.'s Venturesource unit. The largest...
- Qualcomm to invest $150m in Indian startups. Stubbs, Agnes // Capacity Magazine;10/19/2015, p1
US chip maker Qualcomm is to invest up to $150 million in Indian startup companies via a venture fund.
- early stage investments. // International Dictionary of Finance, 4th Edition;2003, p80
Information on the term "early stage investments" is presented. It refers to the investment made by venture capital institutions in the provision of seed capital and start-up finance for new companies.
- Venture capital investment soars in second quarter. // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/23/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 24, p25
Reports on growth of U.S. venture capital investments in the second quarter of 2004. Indication that venture capitalists are more willing to risk money on new business plans after cleaning up troubled investments from the Internet bubble; Increase in interim returns and new fund formation; More...
- Onondaga Venture Capital a local source for start-ups. Dickinson, Casey J. // Business Journal (Central New York);1/27/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p12
The article presents information on Onondaga Venture Capital Fund (OVCF). OVCF invests in upstate businesses that offer a potential for future growth. OVCF, which is a privately held investment company headquartered in Armory Square, was founded in 1985 by 70 local investors. According to...
- Tech Startups Drawing Interest From VC Funds. Simons, Andrew // San Diego Business Journal;6/27/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 26, p23
Reports on surge in venture capital spending, particularly for technology startups in Orange County, California. Chance of many of startups to grow, be bought or go public; Amount of venture funding a handful of startups each draw in the first quarter of 2005.
- VENTURE CAPITAL TRUSTS. // Money Marketing;3/23/2006, p68
The article provides information on the venture capital trust (VCT) named Northern 2 VCT Top-Up being offered by Downing Corporate Finance. The aim of the VCT is to generate income and growth by investing in unquoted companies. As a generalist VCT, the trust focuses on a wide range of industries...
- Cisco Invests in Russia. // Red Herring;4/16/2007, Vol. 4 Issue 14, p7
The article reports that San Jose, California-based Cisco Inc. has hired a fulltime investment manager in Moscow to find venture capital funding opportunities in Russia. It has also announced that its first Russian investment was made in Ozon, an e-commerce company that offers retail services...
- New rules prompt cautious stance. // Fund Strategy;4/4/2011, p30
The article reports on the impact of the new investment rules in venture capital trusts (VCTs). As stated, the new rule could create confusion on advisers and investors investing in VCT despite hopes for an enterprise-led recovery. It notes that a review on the regulation will be conducted after...